sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    F20 loss $120m plus all the other abnormal stuff.

Some look through Covid earnings so pretty good result.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...844/324667.pdf
    A lot better than many were expecting probably. If they can operate on a loss of $120m with all the disruption they will be back to profit in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    A lot better than many were expecting probably. If they can operate on a loss of $120m with all the disruption they will be back to profit in no time.
    The loss is for the year to the end of June, so three relatively normal quarters and one heavily disrupted quarter.

Does mean they lost $494m in second half of year (before abnormals)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I could be reading this wrong, but earnings before other significant items and taxation as at half year was $198m
    Impacts of Covid really only started to come through in mid march (a bit over 3 months out from end of Financial year).
    So they went from say 260 ish (estimated) Earnings before other significant items and taxation as at around mid March, to a $120m loss... so in just over 3 and a bit months, a loss of nearly $400m (before significant items and taxation) was made... that is the way i see it anyway.

How anyone could be happy with losing over $100m a month (and this likely to continue for the rest of the year, before maybe recovering to $50m a month average loss for all of next year)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 18-06-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    The loss is for the year to the end of June, so three relatively normal quarters and one heavily disrupted quarter.
    This announcement is something that would be required before a capital raise. I read that as a capital raise being imminent.
    The thing investors need to understand is that in FY21 they will have four heavily disrupted quarters. Anyone thinking a trans-tasman bubble is coming soon must be living under a rock in the last few days.

So they made $198m before tax for the first half and who knows what they made in January and February 2020, probably something but are now set to lose $120m, so losses are at the very least $100m a month in the last quarter and that's after the $70m Govt wage subsidy and before a whole heap of extraordinary items.

Be careful folks, I believe a MASSIVE CAPITAL RAISE IS IMMINENT.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    This announcement is something that would be required before a capital raise. I read that as a capital raise being imminent.
    The thing investors need to understand is that in FY21 they will have four heavily disrupted quarters. Anyone thinking a trans-tasman bubble is coming soon must be living under a rock in the last few days.

So they made $198m before tax for the first half and who knows what they made in January and February 2020, probably something but are now set to lose $120m, so losses are at the very least $100m a month in the last quarter and that's after the $70m Govt wage subsidy and before a whole heap of extraordinary items.

Awesome probably better to enter on the capital raise then the last 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Awesome probably better to enter on the capital raise then the last 3 months
    I am sure there still will be significant risks, but it clearly will be better buying than before :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Wasnt first half $374m npbt profit and no mention of Abnormals

So second half $494m loss

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wasnt first half $374m npbt profit and no mention of Abnormals

So second half $494m loss
    I just went off page 9 mate. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...043/317643.pdf

That trend shown there is something people thinking about investing should keep in mind.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I just went off page 9 mate. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...043/317643.pdf

That trend shown there is something people thinking about investing should keep in mind.
    OK

Sad looking chart that one .......and unlikely to look much better in future

Luxon was pretty useless eh ...boom times and a chart like that