sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Talk around Qantas is not full international schedule until late 2021.
    Morrison was asked whether he shared the view of Qantas Airways Ltd. Chief Executive Officer Alan Joyce that there was little chance of traveling overseas for at least 12 months.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison signaled that Australia’s borders may remain closed to most international visitors until the middle of next year as the coronavirus crisis escalates across the world.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...until-mid-2021
    one step ahead of the herd

Ha ha .....the much maligned Jayne Hrdlicka helping Bain out

Might become CEO?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...26-p556ik.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ha ha .....the much maligned Jayne Hrdlicka helping Bain out

Might become CEO?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...26-p556ik.html
    Thanks mate, I enjoyed that read.
    The aviation industry in deep turmoil + Jayne Herdlicka + Bain Capital wanting a decent return on risk capital + Australian unions already on guard against about Herdlicka's ruthless tactics + disaffected bondholders owed billions + an economy in deep recession and struggling to rid itself of Covid 19...what could possibly go wrong with that mix
    Chris Luxon must surely be enjoying a wry smile he got AIR out of this forthcoming circus.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thanks mate, I enjoyed that read.
    The aviation industry in deep turmoil + Jayne Herdlicka + Bain Capital wanting a decent return on risk capital + Australian unions already on guard against about Herdlicka's ruthless tactics + disaffected bondholders owed billions + an economy in deep recession and struggling to rid itself of Covid 19...what could possibly go wrong with that mix
    Chris Luxon must surely be enjoying a wry smile he got AIR out of this forthcoming circus.
    I would think only one person hmm I should say party is guaranteed to make a buck out of that deal.

Well, Virgin is 'rooted', so surely they would have to change the name?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Well, Virgin is 'rooted', so surely they would have to change the name?
    LOL. If I remember correctly they were paying Richard Branson a hefty royalty fee for the use of that name which I am sure they will want to avoid in the future.
    Maybe Australian airlines would be a good name to try and stir up some nationalistic enthusiasm.

FMA warns on people abandoning term deposits and newbies getting into the market and AIR gets a specific mention (paywalled article) https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12343320

"Retail investors piling in are thought to be part of the reason why the sharemarket has bounced back so quickly, with some people taking a punt on stocks like Air Zealand despite its uncertain prospects".
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL. If I remember correctly they were paying Richard Branson a hefty royalty fee for the use of that name which I am sure they will want to avoid in the future.
    Maybe Australian airlines would be a good name to try and stir up some nationalistic enthusiasm.

FMA warns on people abandoning term deposits and newbies getting into the market and AIR gets a specific mention (paywalled article) https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12343320

"Retail investors piling in are thought to be part of the reason why the sharemarket has bounced back so quickly, with some people taking a punt on stocks like Air Zealand despite its uncertain prospects".
    I thought TINA was behind all this
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I thought TINA was behind all this
    She's moved on, TRINA is the problem now

Greg must be very concerned about the virus getting back into the community as things slowly start to look a bit better for Air NZ.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/indus...oP_e1Gd_L1dPgA