sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

If Kiwis cant fly, do we need an airline?

Guru

"Cant believe people still wanting in on this!"

who ever is wanting "in" they are not the ones commenting here. is there another forum or group somewhere who have a different set of numbers to the ones most here seem to be using. Millions of dollars chasing millions of shares cant be wrong!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post

who ever is wanting "in" they are not the ones commenting here. is there another forum or group somewhere who have a different set of numbers to the ones most here seem to be using. Millions of dollars chasing millions of shares cant be wrong!!!!
    ... that's what the Dutch people said during the tulip bubble as well :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

This might go some way to partly explaining the over exhurberance with AIR SP.
    Lots of new investors from those who found the sports & other forms of gambling outlets closed down due to the pandemic, plus easy online trading platforms, & social media, now getting into shares like airline stocks which had in the past a good record.

Disc, sold out completely of AIR earlier the year & put all that money into ATM

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...-NGDSgmO1g_ack
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 29-08-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Guru

"... that's what the Dutch people said during the tulip bubble as well"

and to think i still have a KML credit i think for this years flight from sweden down to amsterdam... wont get to see the tulips in bloom... ahh well prehaps in a few years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post

I got bored, so did a little TA on this and summed it up on one of those other groups somewhere...

AIR and CBD have a lot in common, both can get you high, and both can crash horribly.

"Air New Zealand's Domestic Business Is Well Positioned for a Quick Recovery; Shares Undervalued"

Morningstar 28th Aug ......TP $2.00

What is going on !!

Dilettante

The CEO on Q&A this morning: “I’m confident that in a matter of years we will be back to some level of normality with flying activity”

If a useable vaccine comes out, even one that has to be redone every year, what would these shares be worth.
    Theres a term called " Revenge Buying" that I noticed recently. If that was applied to Intl travel, airline, holiday and cruise companies would go ballistic. Remember after the Spanish Flu the world recovered with the Roaring Twenties and life was good ( well for 8 years or so).

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    The CEO on Q&A this morning: “I’m confident that in a matter of years we will be back to some level of normality with flying activity”

Yes just in time for the next pandemic scare. Hopefully the world will be better prepared for the next one.