sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I think there's a quite a lot of people thinking there will be a soft landing and Grant Robertson will be there with plenty of "fuel" and then everything is going to be hunky dory.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think there's a quite a lot of people thinking there will be a soft landing and Grant Robertson will be there with plenty of "fuel" and then everything is going to be hunky dory.
    Enough fuel for another RB raid assuming they can fill a paperbag with some of what may not come back any time soon ?

Also assuming that Robertson survives to ride another raid..

AIRplanes busy as today flying up and down the country ....probably charging like wounded bulls as well.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12362281

The way they are talking about loan as is without interest!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    AIRplanes busy as today flying up and down the country ....probably charging like wounded bulls as well.

With Level 2 distancing/capacity restraints on domestic flights until at least 16 Sept i.e. unoccupied seat next to every passenger, probably still losing money on every flight.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heimand View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12362281

The way they are talking about loan as is without interest!
    You have to take everything Jonesy says with a pinch of salt . This is a guy that bashes the banks for closing branches , when one that he might have a bit of a say in ( Kiwibank ) is also closing branches ..... If it's a poor idea to close branches why wasn't he directing some of his PGF money to Kiwibank to establish more branches .....
    Just trying to get some headlines to try and win his first electorate seat ........

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We've booked a couple of flights next month and they're back to around their normal levels. Not unreasonable unless you book last minute.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

yes i was about to post... beaten by the Man! Again!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ture-ownership

not even a barge pole is going to be good enough......shocked share holders will need government assistance as they are evacuated from the landing site ....Hugs from Jacinda.. kind words... donate teddy bears... saved old coins... any old australian coins you can donate ... anything really...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 08-09-2020 at 09:08 AM.

LOL Mate. Marcus Curly has usually impressed me on the calls I have listened into but lets get real here. A capital raise of $1.2 Billion (2:1 @ 50 cents underwritten by the Govt ?), is very unlikely to get them through to the other side of the Covid crisis. Just the first capital raise I reckon.

More trouble coming for AIR's so called "Dreamliners" https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/07/faa-...j-reports.html

Winner reckons once a lemon, always a lemon and I think he's spot on ! Name change to "Nightmareliners" is long overdue.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-09-2020 at 09:10 AM.