sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Hey Beagle - there's some Hokitika flights at over $500 - one way

Only time i've ever flown out of Hokitika I was a bit worried - the guy taking me to the airport went up this steep hill and I said where we going and he said the airport at the top of the hill ..... becasue when it was at the bottom of the hill it was always flooded. You seem to head off down the run way and over the cliff and then out to sea before climbing to get over the mountains.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Beagle - there's some Hokitika flights at over $500 - one way

Only time i've ever flown out of Hokitika I was a bit worried - the guy taking me to the airport went up this steep hill and I said where we going and he said the airport at the top of the hill ..... becasue when it was at the bottom of the hill it was always flooded. You seem to head off down the run way and over the cliff and then out to sea before climbing to get over the mountains.
    That's just cruel...yanking the dog's tail like that $566 on one day later this month...must be a big convention going on at Gloriavale that day eh
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-09-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's just cruel...yanking the dog's tail like that $566 on one day later this month...must be a big convention going on at Gloriavale that day eh
    $89 total on 5 November for both legs AKl to Chch and Chch to Hokitika - Definitely no price gouging going on then
    Not necessarily - under Level 2 probably just 25 available seats in the plane ... you don't need a big convention to fill that up.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Default All 777's grounded until at least Sep 2021

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12363768
    Air New Zealand chief operating officer Carrie Hurihanganui says the recovery of the airline's international network post-Covid-19 is now looking to be slower than initially thought. "The recent resurgence of cases in New Zealand is a reminder that this is a highly volatile situation. We are not anticipating a return to any 777 flying until September 2021 at the earliest, which is why we have made the decision to ground the fleet until at least this time next year,"
    Emphasis added.

All 777-300's to be heavily written down in value in FY21 ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-09-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Price gouging is rampant all over the country at present for anyone that has to travel on short notice for business.
    You'd be keen on NZ1st getting some power.
    Winston wants to own all of AIR then the Govt could set the prices - profitable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    No no, Grant Robertson will have a cunning plan to save the airline and protect the the taxpayer, backed by sound advice from that intellectual colossus the Ministry of Transport.

There is also the slight possibility his execution skills will revert to the mean for a Labour cabinet minister.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    WOW that was really prophetic. Its turns out he has and its called milking the highest earners with the tax rate going up to 39% for anyone earning over $180K a year, quite coincidentally the exact profile of the majority of those who travel on business at short notice on AIR and already pay premium fares. Interestingly and in another remarkable coincidence this tax increase is estimated to bring in $500m per annum which by my calculations is remarkably close to what the N.Z. Govt's share of the support AIR will need each year during the Govt's next term.

This amounts to a new form of price gouging and in effect wealthy businessmen who already pay hefty prices for short notice business travel are effectively being charged even more to support AIR through the tax system without even realising it ! Now that's double dipping on price gouging if ever I saw it !!

Now that really is an extremely cunning plan. But wait...as they say in the marketing game, there's more ! By keeping AIR afloat they rake back in most of the $500m in support each year in GST and PAYE so their support is basically an illusion and merely a money swapping exercise.

I doubt you'll ever see a more cunning plan...unless of course they wait until AIR is on its knees and do a Sept 11 MK2 bailout at 25 cents a share fully underwritten by the Govt and grab a much more substantial stake off minority shareholders !
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-09-2020 at 06:19 PM.

percy

Come on I can't see any wealthy business paying for his airline ticket.
    Even a poor bookseller claimed his as a business expense.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Come on I can't see any wealthy business paying for his airline ticket.
    Even a poor bookseller claimed his as a business expense.
    As I recall it mate, you always choose to fly Jetstar

Come on, that's a great conspiracy theory I've dreamed up. Got to give me at least a pass mark for creativity
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-09-2020 at 06:25 PM.

percy

As I recall it mate, you always choose to fly Jetstar

Come on mate, that's a great conspiracy theory I've dreamed up. Got to give me at least a pass mark for creativity
    Yes right on two counts.
    1]Very creative.
    2]And yes always Jetstar.
    Why Jetstar? Two reasons.
    1] Could manage their web site.
    2] Their flight times suited me.

Guru

we bought most of our euros to NZ a few months back... starting to regret that now.. Keep your euros over there and any travel and accomodation bookings..

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/09/euro...this-week.html

if you cant get AIR back in 2022-23 try Singapore new air bus, business class.

Looking for a new apartment in skane to rent before prices go sky high in 2021 book now for your european apartments.

In respect to the new milking tax we suggest you try Estonia for your LTD business affairs.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 10-09-2020 at 08:03 PM.