sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Great news ! You can now cuddle up to that stranger jammed in like a sardine next to you with not a care in the world...or so they tell us...
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12364774
    You can always buy two seats !

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    You can always buy two seats !
    True that but better still, drive my own car !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Fair weather friends only.
    I won't be booking them no matter what rate they offer.

Good move, there has been no documented spread of COVID onboard an aircraft in NZ and very few around the world.

One thing we have learnt in this pandemic is ventilation and length of exposure are key factors, airplanes completely cycle the air in the cabin every 4 mins. The masks and phased boarding/deplaning offer added layers of protection.

Unfair for the airlines to always bare the financial cost for everyone. As RTM says if you are still not convinced, buy two seats.

Beagle, do let us know how this is bad news somehow too.

Air New Zealand releases $50 flights as social distancing rules relaxed for plane passengers

The airline is also removing change fees for domestic flights booked for travel up until March 31, 2021.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    At $ 50 a flight it will take 12 months till they get any actual paying customers (so no revenue) .Everyone I know has a big credit with Air NZ,going to take quite a while to work through it .......

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    I think you should disclose you work for AIR in their public relations department
    Even with this the mid point of AIR's cash burn forecast is $75m per month. That's $2.5m cash burned every single day.

AIR did okay domestically when the whole country was at level 1. Just because its expedient for the Govt to say its safe to travel like a sardine if everyone behaves and wears a mask I think Aucklanders under level 2.5 are smarter than you give them credit for and know its much riskier now than in July under level 1.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I used to know accountants that could add so fast with pencil and paper (family members) that they could do a set of accounts on an A4 page. 2.5 million a day? 50 dollars flights? im going in to see my travel agent toMw....now where can i go.... not far... and 50 dollars? i think i might just take lots of small flight around kiwi land (new name for the country) better for marketing than ATEAROWA.. never go to work in europe for tourism... Kiwi Land will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think you should disclose you work for AIR in their public relations department
    Even with this the mid point of AIR's cash burn forecast is $75m per month. That's $2.5m cash burned every single day.

AIR did okay domestically when the whole country was at level 1. Just because its expedient for the Govt to say its safe to travel like a sardine if everyone behaves and wears a mask I think Aucklanders under level 2.5 are smarter than you give them credit for and know its much riskier now than in July under level 1.
    Beagle there have been an awful lot of flights since COVID appeared and very, very few documented onboard infections. Please don't lose your mind and join the crazies. Air onboard an aircraft is completely changed every 4 mins and blows down into the floor not into people's faces. But yes, personal responsibility also plays a role, wear a decent mask, wash your hands/sanitise, book another seat or don't fly. Thought that was your kind of politics anyway?

Sorry to disappoint I do not work for Air NZ or anyone related, just calling it as I see it. How's your short position in Air NZ going?