sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    One of the byproducts of having such competent and internationally trusted leadership under the Labour led coalition....
    She has wrought a miracle like St. Patrick casting the snakes out of Ireland.

You should write to the Pope suggesting he make Jacinda a saint.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

CFO leaving after the planned capital raise.....

Air New Zealand updates on executive changes

6/10/2020, 8:30 amADMINAir New Zealand has appointed Leanne Geraghty to the newly created position of Chief Customer and Sales Officer.
    Ms Geraghty is one of the airline's most experienced global leaders and will report directly to Chief Executive Officer Greg Foran.
    "Leanne is an outstanding leader with a tremendous depth of industry knowledge having worked in the aviation and tourism industries on both sides of the Tasman for more than 30 years and led teams around the world. Her detailed knowledge of the New Zealand, Australian and Pacific Island markets in particular sets us up well for the post Covid-19 international tourism recovery when the time comes," Mr Foran says.
    "Leanne is held in the highest regard by key stakeholders ranging from trade and Government partners through to our most valuable customers and her fellow Air New Zealanders. She cares deeply about the success of our airline and its ability to make a positive difference for our nation."
    Ms Geraghty is currently Group General Manager Airports and has responsibility for more than 1,800 employees and operations across 50 airports internationally. Originally from Australia, she holds a Bachelor of Economics and Finance from the University of New South Wales and has studied International Business Management at IMD in Switzerland and Marketing at the Australian Institute of Marketing. She is also a graduate from the Company Directors course from the Australian Institute of Directors.
    Meantime, Chief Financial Officer, Jeff McDowall, has confirmed that he intends to leave the airline toward the middle of 2021 after the completion of the planned capital raise.
    “Jeff is playing a critical role in supporting myself and the Board as we rebuild from the ravages of Covid-19, but after a career spanning more than two decades with the airline, he feels it will be time to open a new chapter of his career once the capital raise is complete. We will shortly commence a global search for a successor and I would like to thank Jeff for giving us such a long line of sight of his career intentions. He has had an illustrious career at Air New Zealand, including as acting Chief Executive Officer pending me starting earlier this year. Without Jeff's leadership over the past two decades, especially as part of the Executive team in recent years, the airline would not have delivered its long run of commercial success or grown its international footprint around the world so successfully.”
    This announcement is made pursuant to Listing Rule 3.20.1

Hey Bob ..that Leanne is some promotion. Sounds like she should have been promoted years ago.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Share price will be 2 bucks soon at this rate

Outlook getting brighter by the day?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Share price will be 2 bucks soon at this rate

Outlook getting brighter by the day?
    C'mon Winner - wrong forum! Were you thinking you were posting on Sharsies!!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    C'mon Winner - wrong forum! Were you thinking you were posting on Sharsies!!
    He must be thinking there's still a bit of flapping left in the carcass of the old girl

TBH .. she may be still worth a punt for the very brave

I have finally worked out in my head why the capital raising is taking so long , it must be because labour want air as part of any deal to sign up for the new generation of airplanes coming ... hydrogen fuel cell environmentally friendly airplanes.

SUSTAINABLE ENERGYAirbus announces concept designs for zero-emission, hydrogen-powered airplanes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/airb...irplanes-.html

SUSTAINABLE ENERGYHydrogen-powered passenger plane completes maiden flight in ‘world first

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/25/hydr...en-flight.html

one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I have finally worked out in my head why the capital raising is taking so long , it must be because labour want air as part of any deal to sign up for the new generation of airplanes coming ... hydrogen fuel cell environmentally friendly airplanes.

SUSTAINABLE ENERGY[FONT="]Airbus announces concept designs for zero-emission, hydrogen-powered airplanes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/airb...irplanes-.html

SUSTAINABLE ENERGYHydrogen-powered passenger plane completes maiden flight in ‘world first

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/25/hydr...en-flight.html

[/FONT]
    Hydrogen power is a great concept ... and if I remember it correctly it is for at least the last 50 years only a decade away. Some things just don't change :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hydrogen power is a great concept ... and if I remember it correctly it is for at least the last 50 years only a decade away. Some things just don't change :
    Hydrogen has been at least a decade away for quite some time, but now they are predicting just a bit over 10 years away.

If the Trans-Tasman travel bubble is opened but we have 14-day quarantine mandatory on our side of the border, I have to ask where is the additional capacity for MIQ going to come from?