sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bill Gates reckons half of business travel will never return
    I can say for a fact that remote access solutions and the likes of MS HoloLens is saving the Taranaki hydrocarbons industry untold $$ this year. The flipside maybe slightly less consumption of their downstream product by way of av gas haha.

Legend

Yet more hot air landing in the AIR thermals - is the Fat Lady still singing loudly ?

At this rate - even the piano might need take off clearance (but don't stand under either)
    Last edited by nztx; 23-11-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Guru

they are bringing in a world class tuning expert to get the steinway up to its best possible sound before they bring on the singer...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    ''This may sound fanciful, yet a number of recent US airlines have used their loyalty schemes as collateral in recent funding events.'' The airline will raise capital in the first half of 2021.

Note the bit in bold, seems a bit out of the blue and I'm not sure who's actually saying that, I guess the Herald journalist (Grant Bradley). It's a fair assumption there will be a cap raise in the NY I guess and may only be that, an assumption.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...H65R7TT46ILSE/
    Air NZ said this in a recent announcement, its nothing new.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    they are bringing in a world class tuning expert to get the steinway up to its best possible sound before they bring on the singer...

Probably have to do a free performance in front of the Beehive Airhead Brauhooters & other clueless limpets first to get the required entry ticket ..
    Last edited by nztx; 23-11-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Guru

The old saying the market is right until its wrong... its a trade until they cap raise and i think that has been in NZHerald articles before that the CAP raise was slated for april may but that was probably just a mightmare i cant recall...

Forbar apparently recently out with a note saying their airpoints loyalty scheme is very valuable and earnings from it deserve a higher multiple.
    Disc: No position and CERTAINLY NOT interested in establishing a long one at this price
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Forbar apparently recently out with a note saying their airpoints loyalty scheme is very valuable and earnings from it deserve a higher multiple.
    Disc: No position and CERTAINLY NOT interested in establishing a long one at this price
    A long time ago, I advocated selling part of the loyalty programme to release capital, but that's not my position anymore given this is probably the largest key drivers of revenue the airline! That's a change that I didn't envisage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    A long time ago, I advocated selling part of the loyalty programme to release capital, but that's not my position anymore given this is probably the largest key drivers of revenue the airline! That's a change that I didn't envisage.
    We certainly live in interesting times ! Border controls to continue until well into 2022 ? https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...C2DJFAKXETVAI/

$1.85...it seems to me this one is flying on fumes and hope and little else.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-11-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

well i thinks its a trade for sure.... short time trades only...