sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    My issue is with a terrible attitude to a long term customer from AIR. Won’t be supporting them anymore but will continue supporting small tourism businesses.
    What attitude was that?
    Charging what they needed to?
    They should have known that you were a long time customer and given you a special rate because you are entitled to it!

Guru

the travel bubble is at risk... yes stating the obvious but new medical publications in NZ are warning the testing needs to tighten up.. AUS has not got this under control and now our medical professionals are issuing new warnings. Just saying the stock has not yet got out of the woods but the rehiring of A320 staff is a good sign. Fingers crossed!

Naughty naughty................ nearly 5 hours of information asymmetry.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Im sure someone could write a book here on the govt response to AIR. We certainly expected more of a response to the problem from the RBNZ in relation to the local bond market for listed companies. Some may argue this was not required in the end but we look to the FED in that they were ready to move to the market IF required and certainly perhaps this should have been considered for AIR by the RBNZ. Some may say its a slippery slope but ever since GFC its been a slope off a high mountain.

just to be clear waltzing, because its not always your strong point, are you saying that the Reserve Bank of New Zealand should purchase AIR bonds?
    Specifically AIR020 as its the only one listed on the NZDX
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

A wider response than was adopted by the RBNZ may be required next time. Letting civilisation slip when a standard such as gold no longer back stops a society may be something NZ INC might considers in the wider scope of monetary policy to support society. Which may also be a case why other categories of monetary exchange may turn out to be dead end roads to no where.

Now this may seem cryptic but its is designed to be a speculative summary. And there in is crux of the matter. There are much bigger threats out there than a virus to civilisation such as it is.

The big argument now around the world in central banks and politics which was published in NZ before the election was the next steps that society should take to protect its progress so far.

One needs to look no farther than the much maligned but ground breaking series by Clark, Civilisation. In it Clark clearly sets out the progress and its threats from man but leaves out the other threats. Excuse this is not the forum for such musings but AIR could just be the tip of the ice berg next time.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 18-12-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    What attitude was that?
    Charging what they needed to?
    They should have known that you were a long time customer and given you a special rate because you are entitled to it!
    That’s not what happened and I’m not getting into it with you. I just thought other posters might be interested that a poor customer experience has alienated a frequent flyer of 28 years to be precise but I’ll just leave this forum to it. GLTAH

Does Air NZ fly the 737 Max? I would hesitate to do so in view of the following:

https://asiatimes.com/2020/12/new-co...cation-senate/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ahgong View Post
    Does Air NZ fly the 737 Max? I would hesitate to do so in view of the following:

https://asiatimes.com/2020/12/new-co...cation-senate/
    No they don't - they don't fly 737 at all and replaced them with A320 (and variants).