sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Legend

See the little Green Mouthpiece continuing on her counter productive crusade on Tele tonight ...

If Rome was burning, these twits would probably crawl out wondering what had happened after everything had
    been levelled ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Prob higher up the last on first off priority, from what I understand type experience does not matter
    Actually Dassets, I don’t think you understand very much on this subject. Why post jumbled misinformation?

Advanced Member

Yet another error from AIR management, allowing highest risk flight crews staying in central city hotel (really?) to leave the hotel to exercise & not even telling the Ministry of Health who thought they were put in a hotel out at Manukau near the airport, about it.
    One would assume after all their discussions with, & information put out by the MoH, senior AIR management could be trusted to manage their high risk flight crews properly without having to be closely monitored for common sense.
    Maybe management need to get some advice from the supermarkets or the local dairy around safe practices!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Yet another error from AIR management, allowing highest risk flight crews staying in central city hotel (really?) to leave the hotel to exercise & not even telling the Ministry of Health who thought they were put in a hotel out at Manukau near the airport, about it.
    One would assume after all their discussions with, & information put out by the MoH, senior AIR management could be trusted to manage their high risk flight crews properly without having to be closely monitored for common sense.
    Maybe management need to get some advice from the supermarkets or the local dairy around safe practices!
    It's ok now. They are building gyms in the hotels for them now :-/

Air NZ Chief operating officer quote: "They were [wearing] PPE on the aircraft and so the risk I think is low and again we do believe following the guidance from the Ministry of Health is what we're here to do."

Well, that makes me fell better....
    Last edited by causecelebre; 16-02-2021 at 10:30 AM.

No question there's a very hard landing coming up when they report next week. I hope shareholders have their seat belts very firmly fastened and are ready to dip into their pockets in a major way for a substantial capital raise at a deeply discounted price. I think they need to raise ~ $1.5 Billion in this first capital raise and something like a 2:1 at 75 cents underwritten by the Govt is on the cards.

In my opinion there's a very real chance shareholders can expect a similar sized capital raise in 2-3 years time "dressed up" as funding growth opportunities, (AKA fixing the balance sheet from FY21 to FY23 losses).
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-02-2021 at 11:06 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Rough ruff.

I'm in your pack Beagle.

One would have to be barking mad to be paying $1.58.

I am at 1.8bil at 50cps. Why? Cash requirements for next 18 months, 900m of govt loan converted, 900m from minorities for cash. That gets the directors and auditors over the insolvency and going concern issue. Even then I think the auditors will tag the FY accounts.

One other interesting twist to the whole solvency question is the Commerce commission are looking for a law change to make all future tickets issued fully refundable and bring airline operations here into line with best practice overseas. This possible pending law change could potentially add about another billion to their capital requirements at some point in the future.

I think those holding at $1.58 are "incredibly brave"...and there are a range of far less polite adjectives.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-02-2021 at 12:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

I'm interested in how many flying birds they going to have on the books that haven't been badly written down
    or out completely after being parked up in the Scrapper's yards ..

At this rate when things open up, any sort of new Mickey Mouse Airline could start up and have more
    birds in the Air than the challenged Robertson Air ..
    Last edited by nztx; 16-02-2021 at 01:37 PM. Reason: add more

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    One other interesting twist to the whole solvency question is the Commerce commission are looking for a law change to make all future tickets issued fully refundable and bring airline operations here into line with best practice overseas. This possible pending law change could potentially add about another billion to their capital requirements at some point in the future.

I think those holding at $1.58 are "incredibly brave"...and there are a range of far less polite adjectives.

Not a worry Sir -- just have less than a handful left .. conveniently retained for entertainment value & to say have an arm in the game .. in case
    Last edited by nztx; 16-02-2021 at 01:49 PM.