sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Virgin(underarm bowlers division) have released a public statement saying they will not cross the ditch until early November with the exception of limited flights into Queenstown from mid September.

The spreadsheet jockeys who now run Virgin probably sacked all the Kiwi aircrew and now need to do a lengthy cold start on New Zealand operations.

Wonder how long it takes Cullen Airlines and Queer and Nasty Airlines to recognize the duopoly situation this creates?

Could a sand state airline revive their Tasman leg aircrew to fly some of their many aircraft lying around to criss cross the ditch?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

I wonder what percentage of people will be using credit from cancelled flights in lieu of cash.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Virgin(underarm bowlers division) have released a public statement saying they will not cross the ditch until early November with the exception of limited flights into Queenstown from mid September.

The spreadsheet jockeys who now run Virgin probably sacked all the Kiwi aircrew and now need to do a lengthy cold start on New Zealand operations.

Wonder how long it takes Cullen Airlines and Queer and Nasty Airlines to recognize the duopoly situation this creates?

Could a sand state airline revive their Tasman leg aircrew to fly some of their many aircraft lying around to criss cross the ditch?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

With respect, you know you'd do yourself a favour if you dropped the (groan) attempts at humour, apart from sounding tone deaf in 2021, to repeatedly refer (presumably) to Qantas as queer & nasty is offensive & unfortunately even if unfounded makes you sound like a bigot.

With all the publicity around the seriousness of young peoples mental health in this country, it's time this was called out.

Apart from this, your posts always seem informed & interesting.

Legend

Are we still flapping away on one wing here .. with a glimmer of lick of hope in distant future ?

that Govt Loan at a huge extortionary usance rate wont be disappearing anytime fast will it ?

well not without a vast hit on the wallets of all the boys & girls out there ..

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Are we still flapping away on one wing here .. with a glimmer of lick of hope in distant future ?

that Govt Loan at a huge extortionary usance rate wont be disappearing anytime fast will it ?

Although I don’t like your superficial style of posting which is unnecessary and obtuse imo, I guess you’re repeating others who have pointed out that AIR’s balance sheet is truely ****ed.

Despite that there is plenty of new money who seem oblivious and prepared to risk dilution into oblivion.

The game here is far from over and for investor imo it’s not looking good.

new investor believe they can hold for years and Air NZ will never bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    I wonder what percentage of people will be using credit from cancelled flights in lieu of cash.
    Ive just booked a number of return flights to Brisbane for me and family members. I used up the last $1200 of my Air NZ credit, paid for the remaining $3k on my c/card and bought some domestic flights with Airpoints.
    I have accommodation booked in Raro for August but haven't booked flights yet. Just need JA to stop politicking about the Pacific bubble so I can confirm travel - which I will also pay for in cash.

While there will be many people using credits to fly to Oz, Im sure Air NZ's bank account will be looking much healthier by Friday.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    While there will be many people using credits to fly to Oz, Im sure Air NZ's bank account will be looking much healthier by Friday.
    They were quoted on the TV news as saying Wednesday was their biggest ever sales day on the Tasman ever.

Travel bubble: Air NZ announces record sales, says flights to Aussie 'almost sold out' (msn.com)

Pent up demand......

Just a bugger that will be Aussies clogging up the southern skifields this winter!
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 08-04-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

thats how it seems to me , have sold more short into this rally.
    (still a small position though - shorting is risky and I recognise that)

AIR0408.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    With respect, you know you'd do yourself a favour if you dropped the (groan) attempts at humour, apart from sounding tone deaf in 2021, to repeatedly refer (presumably) to Qantas as queer & nasty is offensive & unfortunately even if unfounded makes you sound like a bigot.

With all the publicity around the seriousness of young peoples mental health in this country, it's time this was called out.

Apart from this, your posts always seem informed & interesting.
    On the unfounded part, bear in mind that the CEO of QANTAS is in fact a homosexual. "Marilyn" is in fact being bigoted and offensive, and it needs to stop. I'm glad someone finally publicly called it out.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Ive just booked a number of return flights to Brisbane for me and family members. I used up the last $1200 of my Air NZ credit, paid for the remaining $3k on my c/card and bought some domestic flights with Airpoints.
    I have accommodation booked in Raro for August but haven't booked flights yet. Just need JA to stop politicking about the Pacific bubble so I can confirm travel - which I will also pay for in cash.

Agreed. While I wouldn't suggest that they will be anywhere near pre-pandemic levels just on this alone, this goes a long way toward shoring up the balances. AIR benefited massively from the first mover advantage, adding new flights even before the announcement (presume they knew well in advance, despite claims by NZ govt). QANTAS came late to the party, only just adding their flights overnight - and to top it all off allowing 100% of all carriage capacity to be paid in points for three days (presumably a clever attempt to burn down liabilities - AIR will be doing the same, encouraging Airpoints purchases to burn theirs down).

Given Australia is in talks to "bubble up" with Singapore, it is possible this could be the next destination to return to departure boards in NZ - of course this brings back the SIA competition.