sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Struggling to do the capital raise my guess due to FMCA requirements on a cash issue. Which Director or member of the DD team wants to sign or take liability. Insurance does NOT cover costs defending criminal charges if that ever emerged btw. That is why anyone signing is exercising the upmost care.
    Last edited by Dassets; 23-07-2021 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

Guru

Mr B on Variants. Would now be the time most variants emerge as the virus is at its peak or approaching it.

Cap Raise must be the hardest thing to get away now at anything like above a 1.20 give or take 60 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    That short going well Peat... Transtasman bubble paused for at least 8 weeks.

Think they got a bit greedy by delaying the capital raise. Should have pounced when the price was extra irrationally high ($1.90).
    yeh it is actually ....

just assisting out with liquidity yeh? someone has to sell to the SHaresies brigade?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Does anyone have any insight on the staffing implications and hence financial impacts? I.e. is AIR going to have to keep all transtasman staff on full pay during this 2 month period?

Does anyone have any insight on the staffing implications and hence financial impacts? I.e. is AIR going to have to keep all transtasman staff on full pay during this 2 month period?

Ask and the government giveth I feel the game will be
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    Mr B on Variants. Would now be the time most variants emerge as the virus is at its peak or approaching it.

Cap Raise must be the hardest thing to get away now at anything like above a 1.20 give or take 60 cents.
    Long day at Rainbow's End with the grandkids...very tired dog.

Initial thoughts. Not surprised by the popping of the bubble. Greg Foran recently said AIR were in the (from memory) "Revive" phase. At the time I thought it was a very bold call, now its clear he's either playing "Charades" (would be if he said it now), or trying to put lipstick on a pig in terms of the pending capital raise, (which clearly was his intention at the time).

I called it months ago, its FAR FAR too early to invest in the reopening trade, be it airlines, hotels, cruise lines, tourism stocks or anything else related to reopening. Simply no mileage in going there, in my opinion. I think Covid variants are going to dog us for many years. The smart money is doubling down on retail that will benefit from record stay at home expenditure for the foreseeable future, probably many years.

Capital raise to be pushed back again or Govt underwritten...those would appear to be the two most logical scenario's. Probably under $1 when it happens. Maybe 2:1 at 75 cents ? (Would raise about $1,680m if fully underwritten less underwriting fees).
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-07-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ask and the government giveth I feel the game will be
    "Foran said affected Air New Zealand crew would be kept on and paid their base salary for the eight weeks."

That ought to increase that cash burn.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...-home-ceo-says

Guru

"Long day at Rainbow's End with the grandkids...very tired dog."

A more noble an occupation of ones time could not be found!

It appear the public will be farther encourage to see the country in the spring and some extra holiday pay would help with this.

RBNZ might need to start some money printing again.

Tourism stocks for flights are now a trade.

Oh they stopped that assuming the hot state of the economy cant support it.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 23-07-2021 at 07:51 PM.

There will be changes made to staffing - LWOP, part time, ALV, reallocation to other business units or - worse.

There are temporary re contracted crew - expect changes here.

"Foran said affected Air New Zealand crew would be kept on and paid their base salary for the eight weeks."

That ought to increase that cash burn.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...-home-ceo-says