sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

"complete denial"

maybe they havnt "herd" the really fast moving variants arnt here yet... or what they will do.. The experts seem to be saying it will depower over time that time frame isnt specified.

Maybe nothing goes back to NORMAL for a LONG TIME.

Vaccination should almost be put into legislation and be done with it and boasters for variations.

Every year mandatory.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Considering that the crew meet many, many passengers and the passengers meet only a few crew it seems reasonable for the crew to be vaccinated even if the passengers aren't.
    Why should the vaccinated passengers be put at risk by unvaccinated passengers?

If this government has any guts it will put restrictions on the unvaccinated which I am sure other governments will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "complete denial"

Maybe nothing goes back to NORMAL for a LONG TIME.

Vaccination should almost be put into legislation and be done with it and boasters for variations.

Every year mandatory.

I agree, a VERY LONG time in my opinion. I would expect that AIR will make it compulsory for all passenger's and all crew to be vaccinated. If they don't then that means I am very unlikely to ever get on another one of their aircraft. Air travel is now something to be "endured" rather than enjoyed. If one has to risk their life as well its GAME OVER as far as I am concerned.

Frankly driving one's own car to wherever you want to go has never looked more appealing

I feel sorry for people who have to endure air travel for business purposes.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-09-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A VERY LONG time in my opinion. I would expect that AIR will make it compulsory for all passenger's and all crew to be vaccinated. If they don't then that means I am very unlikely to ever get on another one of their aircraft. Air travel is now something to be "endured" rather than enjoyed. If one has to risk their life as well its GAME OVER as far as I am concerned.
    Private jet charters could be a thriving business in the future ….avoid the long pencils and have more control over risks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

" If one has to risk their life as well its GAME OVER as far as I am concerned."

for return to europe perhaps in 2022 or 23 we are waiting on the PHD Bio chemists recommendation on N95 masks (already standard when the PHD travels by aircraft for years now ), even full rebreather masks for trains and taxis plus and all travel in trains and passenger ship first class only...

All air travel business class.

AIR NZ should replace those pathetic planes they use for internal travel or one person in each pair of seats going forward and charge more!

or put on special flights.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 02-09-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Why should the vaccinated passengers be put at risk by unvaccinated passengers?

If this government has any guts it will put restrictions on the unvaccinated which I am sure other governments will do.
    I wasn't answering from that angle and don't disagree with you.
    Easy for me - I'll shortly be vaccinated.

Guru

Think the company tax model from Estonia would suite AIR....

In fact that model could grow a new economy in NZ...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 02-09-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Private jet charters could be a thriving business in the future ….avoid the long pencils and have more control over risks
    Looked into that once. Its eye-wateringly expensive I tell ya !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

My Piper Navajo is up 25-35% over the last 2 years. Planes like that never go up! More than that people are doing are doing full refurb on them for 2 x engines 120TUSD each plus fitting, avionics, going to glass, $177TNZD plus $75T fitting. interior NZD$50T, Paint NZD50T, total 570T +85TGST =650T + airframe. That aircraft good for at least 50hrs. The B52s are likely to fly for 100 years operationally But that would give you an aircraft that can take paid pilot, the whole family gear etc anywhere in NZ one hit, New Caledonia, Australia to NZ(tailwind norm) direct, risky the other way. Operating cost 400 an hour + pilot, 8 seats. Weird times

Its right across the spectrum of toys, classic cars, boats, campervans, caravans, you name it, record prices are being paid.

You would swear that baby boomers and anyone else with money are cutting loose on hobbies as a way of just enjoying today, because who knows what tomorrow might bring.