sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Animeart View Post
    People really like the in coming CEO maybe?

why ? - have they agreed to come in a couple of hours a day & on reduced salary, while nothing much is up in the air ?

No idea, but while she's on site doing AIR business don't bet on her keeping her hands out of AIA business altogether ;-)
    Change usually raise hope of better road ahead and her good look probably gives shareholders a positive impression too lol.

well I hope all the folks expressing their negative views are getting their shorts on. I need some help here !

in fact I'm reducing already - best not to be obstinate in ones trades and take one on the chin when necessary. Thanks to Z for compensating.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

For international Air doesn't have to meet any ETS costs as it is carved out. Having said that one could ask for how long that will continue AND how will long haul tourists/consumers react as they become more woke to carbon and other gases spewing out over the Pacific. Already on Skyscanner you can choose your flights for the lowest carbon. I think AIR(and tourism in general) is in big trouble on this and long haul will never be the same. COVID has just merely focused people on wellness of themselves and the planet. Hey if that is a third of past travellers for instance, well they ain't coming back and that is bad.

Oh and don't think I have seen this stat on here but in the FY21 year almost 20% of the revenue recorded was pure subsidy/handout from the govt or (and get this stat!!) $58T per living being working for them. As I have said the most expensive dole program in the country and maybe globally.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    For international Air doesn't have to meet any ETS costs as it is carved out. Having said that one could ask for how long that will continue AND how will long haul tourists/consumers react as they become more woke to carbon and other gases spewing out over the Pacific. Already on Skyscanner you can choose your flights for the lowest carbon. I think AIR(and tourism in general) is in big trouble on this and long haul will never be the same. COVID has just merely focused people on wellness of themselves and the planet. Hey if that is a third of past travellers for instance, well they ain't coming back and that is bad.

Oh and don't think I have seen this stat on here but in the FY21 year almost 20% of the revenue recorded was pure subsidy/handout from the govt or (and get this stat!!) $58T per living being working for them. As I have said the most expensive dole program in the country and maybe globally.
    And how much was paid to other airlines by the NZ government to help keep up the inflow/outflow of freight? They would just get AirNZ share if your wish was satisfied.

Sure that is pretty easy. AIR is pretty much the only one. On the MIAC scheme AIR conducts 78.2% of flights weekly. Put another way 8 airlines share 21.8% of flights granted while 1 airline has 78.2%. I could work out an approx $ number but have better things to do with 15 mins. On the wage subsidy front I wouldn't have thought any other airline would get one. Hadn't all other NZ based other airline crew gone before any wage subsidy post 30 June 2020. It doesn't make a difference anyway to AIR. It is basically a propped up benefit scheme.

And no. By folding AIR you can realign it to its mission. Freight carrier. Long haul leisure pax is effectively over due to COVID and carbon. Then realign pay.
    Last edited by Dassets; 12-10-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Not saying its comparable, but still interesting - Delta (and this is the airline, not the virus variant ...) reporting a Q3 profit (though expressing concerns about rising fuel prices for the outlook):

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/13/i...ngs/index.html
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 17-10-2021 at 06:08 PM. Reason: clarification :p
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Sure that is pretty easy. AIR is pretty much the only one. On the MIAC scheme AIR conducts 78.2% of flights weekly. Put another way 8 airlines share 21.8% of flights granted while 1 airline has 78.2%. I could work out an approx $ number but have better things to do with 15 mins. On the wage subsidy front I wouldn't have thought any other airline would get one. Hadn't all other NZ based other airline crew gone before any wage subsidy post 30 June 2020. It doesn't make a difference anyway to AIR. It is basically a propped up benefit scheme.

And no. By folding AIR you can realign it to its mission. Freight carrier. Long haul leisure pax is effectively over due to COVID and carbon. Then realign pay.

I think Grant is too busy directly Covid Border Traffic numbers to be overly bothered on the AIR Cloud formations currently

The fill-in naughty schoolboy must have been put outside on detention for a few days

Virgin( Underarm Bowlers Division ) have announced they will resume international Australia Fiji flights in the near future.

No announcements about resuming crossing the ditch though.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.