sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

They are adding additional seats after they have cancelled the previous existing ones but at double to triple the price. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    They are adding additional seats after they have cancelled the previous existing ones but at double to triple the price. Lol
    I guess you do what you gotta do, and shareholders can be pleased, but warrapakakarrnts
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

They haven't really withdrawn cashfliw guidance. It is still there. Jan and Feb basically circa $125m per month in the hole with one of the 3 IRD Payments still to make. But what I don't get is they repeated what MoF said. The company not stable enough for the govt to support a cap raise. Are people not reading this?? In the zombie airline wars AIR the king zombie. Will expand my position I think. Only 4 months to go. I stick with my forecasts. Net assets to basically nil at cap raise, can't believe they can get a waiver so we will see an offer doc. Cash issue 50 cents. For 8 months I had quantum at 1.5b firm. Now $1.5 to $2b. That will leave around $1b in cash. Credits keep rising. Second cash issue $750m late 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ...Airpoints worth anything in March 2022 or spend them now ?
    I recently saw an enterprising seller on a well known NZ auction and classifieds site selling a new iPhone. That twiist was the seller was using airpoints as a proxy of sorts to pay for it and have it dropped shipped directly to the buyer.
    Last edited by causecelebre; 28-10-2021 at 08:35 PM.

double post

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    I recently saw an enterprising seller on a well known NZ auction and classifieds site selling a new iPhone. That twiist was the seller was using airpoints as a proxy of sorts to pay for it and have it dropped shipped directly to the buyer.
    Sounds like a cunning plan
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

AIR set to make another substantial call on govt's 1.5B standby fund as domestic & business travel hit hard by latest lockdown restrictions, with airline operating at only 40% normal levels.
    Already drawn down $445M but expected to grow to $900M by end of Feb.
    Previously said burning through $25-$35M month but no longer forecasting how much due ongoing uncertainty.

(Sorry, this much a repeat of earlier posts today. )

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...9-restrictions
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 28-10-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Pretty cool …. eplane flew across Cook Strait Blenheim to Wellington
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Pretty cool …. eplane flew across Cook Strait Blenheim to Wellington
    its been swum too mate
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    AIR set to make another substantial call on govt's 1.5B standby fund as domestic & business travel hit hard by latest lockdown restrictions, with airline operating at only 40% normal levels.
    Already drawn down $445M but expected to grow to $900M by end of Feb.
    Previously said burning through $25-$35M month but no longer forecasting how much due ongoing uncertainty.

(Sorry, this much a repeat of earlier posts today. )

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...9-restrictions
    Yet the SP still holds steady. Is it possible the belief that all will be back to normal again at some point in the future is enough to prevent the SP from falling much lower (to levels discussed earlier in this thread). Even with the massive accumulated debt and looming capital raise. Which will in turn dilute existing share holders as the Government would secure the majority of Cap raise shares at a discounted price. Then the funds from the Cap Raise Air NZ will need to use to pay back the government the $900M loan. Works out well for the government, not so well for existing share holders. Yet the SP continues to disregard these fundamentals.

OR the other way of looking at it is even if shareholders are technically diluted, does it really matter? It would only matter if Air NZ had a takeover or the business was sold. Only then would the fact shares had been diluted would become relevant as the shareholders would receive less per share of the takeover bid/ sale of the business. But what's the likelihood of that ever happening? As long as there is no takeover sale of Air New Zealand, then all shareholders really care about are dividend returns and the SP. Dividends won't be there for a long long way off. But at least if the belief in the company keeps the SP up then the argument that shareholders will be diluted would be irrelevant wouldn't it?