sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Any thoughts on when "the first available window in the first quarter of calendar year 2022." is for this cap raise ?

Cap raise on the horizon ,,,, at what dscount? .... how much dilution all to be answered

But I love it when guru analysts / wealth managers bring up things like strategic investors taking a stake - like 'It could possibly be another airline looking to collaborate, rather than compete, in a future global travel market that remains impacted by the pandemic.'

Gives the punters some hope

Quote from BusinessDesk
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Omricon explosion in cases in Australia. I think its only a matter of when, (not if), that happens here. I think Spindy will likely lock us down again and AIR will kick the can down the road with the capital raise until sometime when they can actually make up a somewhat plausible story about recovery.

I think business travel has changed permanently and zoom and other platform meetings are here to stay. Sure there will still be some business travel but the acceptance of digital meeting platforms is now deeply embedded. Airlines will need to reconfigure their aircraft to have fewer business class seats and economy passengers will need to accept they have to pay a LOT more. That's how I see it evolving in the years ahead. Donations, (lets be done with the pretense they are anything else), to AIR's capital raise are not tax deductible but there are many far more worthy causes that are, e.g. https://www.tearfund.org.nz/Donate/G...9ve%20selected.

It'll be many years before AIR are profitable again. I'm avoiding it like the plague.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-01-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I wouldn't want to own an airline right now. I may be wrong but the future looks bleak as far out as I can see

Guru

" think Spindy will likely lock us down again "

Oh dear... well the road will be for us that bike along and the lakes clear for those of us who paddle along... cant be all bad then...

OMI coming to a country near you...

Singapore indicates it will be handling out some good rates. But yes expect to pay more to fly business and there is now a new super business configuration where first class and business merge.

well should be fabulous!!!!

Load up on beaten down tourist stocks because it will return but not till well after 2024-25.

The GFC went past in a flash and so has this.

Investors should find that a crisis is the busiest time of all.

While boring board room meeting can be ZOOMED the most creative sessions are usually better where people are Bouncing off the walls... umm around the pool tables... Ping Pong tables ... or best of all drinks after in the infinity pools..

Who doesnt want to go to Jewel.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 07-01-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Legend

sounds brave even putting a remote bet on anything Travel & Accom at the mo

No crisis where I'm lurking at the moment (only threatening upwards price crisis situations)

I departed many NZX positions in Nov 21 on gut feelings of what late 2021 conditions would
    morph into in 2022 & probably a bit further out if dreams of Omicron totalling Covid-19
    dont pan out & further aggressive mutations pop up to follow the earlier strains .. let's
    face it - highly possible

Thanks NZX - dividends in places were nice until the Capital Losses started flowing
    as the market twitched then slid and reality sank in on the logistics of staying in
    positions heading south with Red

Any thoughts on where AIR can be shorted ?

Goodness gracious me ….the AIR share price crashing …close 146.5 today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

When i read crashing i thought a typo.. 46.?

I see the CEO is tapping into his US network to replace some of his top lieutenants.
    Shame that we don't see more diversity at the top, other than the recent digital officer appointment.

Guru

You would think by the number of shares traded and the support that this company is firing on all cylinders...water cooled of course..