sharetrader
Page 1927 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 927142718271877191719231924192519261927192819291930193119371977 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,270 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    AIR has no professional investors( or semi) or fund managers who aren't indexers left. There is still a bunch of buyers(unnamed but people can guess) in there day after day who have plowed close to $180m in it so far without knowing it is worthless.

As for the CEO, I am tempted to count the number of times he has said there is light at the end of the tunnel. Problem Mr Foran the light isn't getting closer. You are stationary in the tunnel and have run out of Jet A1.
    +1...you have summed up the situation perfectly.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

AIR has no professional investors( or semi) or fund managers who aren't indexers left. There is still a bunch of buyers(unnamed but people can guess) in there day after day who have plowed close to $180m in it so far without knowing it is worthless.

As for the CEO, I am tempted to count the number of times he has said there is light at the end of the tunnel. Problem Mr Foran the light isn't getting closer. You are stationary in the tunnel and have run out of Jet A1.
    Well he can not admit they are up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well he can not admit they are up sh*t creek without a paddle.
    in a barbwire canoe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    in a barbwire canoe!
    That's surely the best post of the week, maybe even the post of the year !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Big news just mentioned in the live health briefing: possibility that self isolation requirements for people entering New Zealand may disappear altogether within the month (minister: “expecting to receive advice on that within the next week or two”)

This would be a significant event for the restart of international tourism into NZ.

I have commented on length on the NTA issue. Excluding a cap raise FY22 year end NTA almost certain to be basically zero. Go look what the company said about the effect of Auckland lock down and trans-tasman closure. It is easy to work out.
    This is back from mid-Nov on the NTA issue. I will also repeat AIR will lose money at least until FY25, unless it does an almighty cost out. Why? Just because you fly plane on a route doesn't mean you make money. Load factor break even I can only guess cause haven't modelled for over 20 years but probably 60% under the old rules when business seats paid for alot of the flight. Note today's announcement on re-hiring aka costs. Cost out exercise coming doesn't reconcile with that re-hiring.

I predict(not forecast under FMA rules lol) 2-3 cap raises. 1st, the "Light at the End of Tunnel" raise, 2nd, the "Almost at the End of the Tunnel, Just got to get There" raise and finally the "Recovery Opening up Opportunities(but we are cash-flow negative and just need some money brother because we been flying for no cash cause of them pesky credits) " raise. $3 to 4 billion in total. "Welcome to my parlour boys" Quote JA 2022.

This is back from mid-Nov on the NTA issue. I will also repeat AIR will lose money at least until FY25, unless it does an almighty cost out. Why? Just because you fly plane on a route doesn't mean you make money. Load factor break even I can only guess cause haven't modelled for over 20 years but probably 60% under the old rules when business seats paid for alot of the flight. Note today's announcement on re-hiring aka costs. Cost out exercise coming doesn't reconcile with that re-hiring.

I predict(not forecast under FMA rules lol) 2-3 cap raises. 1st, the "Light at the End of Tunnel" raise, 2nd, the "Almost at the End of the Tunnel, Just got to get There" raise and finally the "Recovery Opening up Opportunities(but we are cash-flow negative and just need some money brother because we been flying for no cash cause of them pesky credits) " raise. $3 to 4 billion in total. "Welcome to my parlour boys" Quote JA 2022.
    Agree, this is basically AIR's "financial" Mt Erebus disaster event and it will take many years and many billions get though this. The Govt take many, many hundreds of millions per annum out of AIR in good times with GST, PAYE for staff, Company Tax and dividends so I see no reason for help them subsidize the losses. Anyone who is stumping up for the capital raise for AIR should ask if they're a registered charity so their donation will confer them some tax relief lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-02-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Advanced Member

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...as-cases-mount

Tourism Industry Aotearoa (TIA) spokeswoman Ann-Marie Johnson said it was reassuring to hear the Government was reviewing self-isolation requirements for international arrivals.Having isolation requirements in place meant New Zealand was off the radar for international tourists, she said.

“With the move to phase three of the Omicron response, the rationale for keeping self-isolation rules in place no longer exists,” Johnson said.

TIA was working on an evidence-based case for removing self-isolation requirements and would provide it to the Government as soon as possible, she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    If anyone still believes in Efficient Market Theory, perhaps a small look at Air NZ would do them some good.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Was in the viaduct for lunch today. Only went there because most other places are closed. Most of the viaduct is closed also. Very few people around, less than the last lock down. Be nice if a govt minister had a look around at the devastation. In Australia they show up for the big fires. Here there is an invisible fire so no one shows.....

Guru

Was in the viaduct for lunch today. Only went there because most other places are closed. Most of the viaduct is closed also. Very few people around, less than the last lock down. Be nice if a govt minister had a look around at the devastation. In Australia they show up for the big fires. Here there is an invisible fire so no one shows.....
    People can go if they wish - they choose not to.
    Melbourne CBD is pretty empty too.
    I've done my bit in the Waikato this week.