sharetrader
Page 1928 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 928142818281878191819241925192619271928192919301931193219381978 ... LastLast
Results 19,271 to 19,280 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Was in the viaduct for lunch today. Only went there because most other places are closed. Most of the viaduct is closed also. Very few people around, less than the last lock down. Be nice if a govt minister had a look around at the devastation. In Australia they show up for the big fires. Here there is an invisible fire so no one shows.....
    Can’t blame the general public from avoiding unnecessary public activity during the peak Omicron wave. I won’t be visiting a bar/eatery for the next 4 weeks thats for sure.

Guru

AIR got $194m from the Govt as part of the MIAC scheme for airfreight. Take that out of the mix and looks a bit sicker.

I guess their proposed route for the Dreamliner to Kiev is off the table for the moment....

Very little chance of Air NZ going back to Europe I reckon, other than in the form of co-shares. The focus appears to be on North America for the last and current CEO.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Very little chance of Air NZ going back to Europe I reckon, other than in the form of co-shares. The focus appears to be on North America for the last and current CEO.
    They sold their Heathrow slot which is their natural destination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Was in the viaduct for lunch today. Only went there because most other places are closed. Most of the viaduct is closed also. Very few people around, less than the last lock down. Be nice if a govt minister had a look around at the devastation. In Australia they show up for the big fires. Here there is an invisible fire so no one shows.....
    Yes, this is what opening up looks like in a pandemic (hopefully the tail end of the pandemic.) A lot of people criticised the government for shutting everything down in previous lockdowns. Now you really aren't prevented from doing anything (aside from 100+ person gatherings I think) but that doesn't mean people will just revert to normal pre-pandemic life. Even if you removed every single Covid-19 related restriction (100+ level limit, contact tracing, masks, QR codes, etc.) you still won't necessarily fix the lack of attendance. People will still be influenced by hospitalisations, friends and family getting sick, case numbers, etc. I'm not really sure what you expect the government to do?

you have to love old AIR or NAC posters

Betcha Air wishes that 'everyone flies these days' was happening

But when I saw this I thought yes we possibly will see a nationalised airline again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 01-03-2022 at 12:02 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Love how you dig out memorabilia from the old days.

This was my favorite safety video from much happier times...I just spent 4 minutes enjoying it again, probably just as well Mrs Beagle didn't catch me lol Why not take a break from this crazy world and relive happier times...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0tkeGPG_8Q
    In this mental world of all things extreme PC they probably wouldn't even be allowed to make or screen a video like this now days.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-03-2022 at 12:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Here's another AIR Safety Video - perfectly crafted for backing things
    out of the mire from hibernation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOw44VFNk8Y
    Last edited by nztx; 02-03-2022 at 12:16 AM.

Cap Raise sounding like not far off now. Ready for a bit of an avalanche. Still surprised there are that many 'punters' out there looking to support SP @ 1.5. Might be very disappointed once we see what the cap raise comes out at.

Disc. Dumping all remaining shares. Too many parameters stacked up not in favour of AIR making any money or even getting out of their whole for the unforeseeable future, even when international travel resumes. Higher fuel prices, will be counter productive to profits. Air flights will go up in cost/price, continuing to deter people from travelling further even once open. Many long haul flights won't be re-established. Don't see the point in investing on hope for the name of Air New Zealand. Many simply seem too be placing their faith in boarders reopening and that's all they are factoring in. Missing the bigger picture of all involved.

Guru

Almost like AIR needs to make a profit to make the share price decrease!! Keep flying (realtively) high on bad news. Seems like no matter how much they lose, what their costs are, what capital raise is in prospects, they keep on flying.

Not sure what degree they are hedged, but fuel has to be hurting them (as all other airlines).