sharetrader
Page 1929 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 929142918291879191919251926192719281929193019311932193319391979 ... LastLast
Results 19,281 to 19,290 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

If one had $10,000 AIR shares today I wonder what that $10,000 will be in a few months ….bearing in mind one might be tempted to put more cash in to get cheap shares at cap raise time.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If one had $10,000 AIR shares today I wonder what that $10,000 will be in a few months ….bearing in mind one might be tempted to put more cash in to get cheap shares at cap raise time.

Recent media reports suggest that Russian stocks are probable candidates in the race to find the bottom ..
    Just goes to show what a bit of Robertson hot air can do in not so freezing climates

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Recent media reports suggest that Russian stocks are probable candidates in the race to find the bottom ..
    Just goes to show what a bit of Robertson hot air can do in not so freezing climates
    Well, yes - one AIR share already worth nearly 120 Russian Rubles. While I think that AIR is overpriced, so is the Russian Ruble. Well be interesting which of these two "security" finds its bottom first.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Cap Raise sounding like not far off now. Ready for a bit of an avalanche. Still surprised there are that many 'punters' out there looking to support SP @ 1.5. Might be very disappointed once we see what the cap raise comes out at.

Disc. Dumping all remaining shares. Too many parameters stacked up not in favour of AIR making any money or even getting out of their whole for the unforeseeable future, even when international travel resumes. Higher fuel prices, will be counter productive to profits. Air flights will go up in cost/price, continuing to deter people from travelling further even once open. Many long haul flights won't be re-established. Don't see the point in investing on hope for the name of Air New Zealand. Many simply seem too be placing their faith in boarders reopening and that's all they are factoring in. Missing the bigger picture of all involved.
    On top of not having to quarantine or isolate. I for one would like to see pre-departure/arrival testing be either free or heavily subsidised. Otherwise economy class tourist will not likely come back in a hurry. Also, now that the airline is under another US biased CEO the outlook for haul will probably be very US-centric by pulling away from unprofitable Asian routes.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    On top of not having to quarantine or isolate. I for one would like to see pre-departure/arrival testing be either free or heavily subsidised. Otherwise economy class tourist will not likely come back in a hurry. Also, now that the airline is under another US biased CEO the outlook for haul will probably be very US-centric by pulling away from unprofitable Asian routes.
    Actually - US bias might be these days a good thing.

Most long haul customers from here probably want to go to Europe or the UK ... and given the situation in Russia / Ukraine is it much safer to fly via the Americas to Europe instead of choosing the route over Asia / Russia / Ukraine. Ah yes, and pulling away from unprofitable routes always sounds like a good idea, no matter where the centre of the CEO lies ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Well it is coming up to crunch time. I am short well in excess of 100.000 units now. Just waiting watching the ups and down ala sharsies. Soon I will either be right or wrong. I will short more as we get closer.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Well it is coming up to crunch time. I am short well in excess of 100.000 units now. Just waiting watching the ups and down ala sharsies. Soon I will either be right or wrong. I will short more as we get closer.

I'm flying well clear to avoid projectiles likely out of the ensuing bun fight to emerge

Cannot help but agree with the sentiment on AIR. I was shocked this did not reach the $0.30-$0.50 range in March 2020, from memory $1 was as low as it went. I was ready to take a position at around $0.30 but the market disagreed and still does. At lease until the capital raise...

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    100,000.... impressive!

I'm sitting on a small 20,000 shares short.

The company needs to raise capital (equity) soon.

Very basic set of analyses:

Interims to 31 December, 2021

https://recastinvestor.substack.com/...zealand-airnzx

Annuals to 39 June, 2021

https://recastinvestor.substack.com/...zealand-airnzx

Feedback welcome :-)