sharetrader
Page 1938 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 938143818381888192819341935193619371938193919401941194219481988 ... LastLast
Results 19,371 to 19,380 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Call me a cynical old movie star bit I reckon this is as much a good news story leading in to the issue as it is a route chosen to meet demand.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    That hits the nail directly on the head !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    its about to become a plane wreck....

millions of shares on order ... are they all covering shorts or just unaware?

News reports suggest that China Air just had one -- not much surviving evidence afterwards ..

Jeez Foran was like an excited kid on the TV news just now

Super excited about NY and how bright the future looks ..... think that is what he said ....but he was beaming
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez Foran was like an excited kid on the TV news just now

Super excited about NY and how bright the future looks ..... think that is what he said ....but he was beaming
    Must admit he's done a fabulous job in the last 2 years of trying to keep this sick bird flying but no amount of handsome smiles and talk of revive and thrive can disguise the fact this bird is looking very, very sick and in need of extended life support.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I'd not be surprised if Ed Sim is named the next CEO if Greg choose to retire after this mess is all over.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I'd not be surprised if Ed Sim is named the next CEO if Greg choose to retire after this mess is all over.
    I would be.

Membaa

Has there ever been a more widely announced shareholder capital cremation? Perhaps we've missed the point, like maybe the government just loans them another Bill or so at some extortionate % with another Bill if required. Debt/interest repayments replace dividends, to govt. Airline recovers eventually. Shareholders not too badly capital screwed, but don't expect dividends for a long time.

Guru

" shareholder capital cremation?"

brilliant !

yes loans would actually be the way to go; sell some bonds to the reserve bank...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I feel sorry for Greg. What was it - in charge for 2 days before Covid hit? Seems like a good bloke, was well regarded at Walmart, but got hit by the proverbial (air)bus. Always in hindsight might have done things differently, but unprecedented situation.

Hope he sticks around for a while, and would be interested to see how he goes "situation normal-ish".

Yeah, I think he was doing the informal rounds, meet and greet of senior staff a few days before it hit and he formally took up his role.
    Talk about getting a "hospital pass' but I agree that top his credit he's carried the ball well as anyone could have been expected too in these extraordinary times.

I also loved Baa Baa's "capital cremation" comment, absolute classic.