sharetrader
Page 1950 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 950145018501900194019461947194819491950195119521953195419602000 ... LastLast
Results 19,491 to 19,500 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Gee, doesn't seem that long ago we were talking about the special 25c div from Virg sale plus the normal div of 10c and I had accumulated about 120,000 shares to get this massive payout, which I was against, because the sp dumped for a while after that. Then a while later we cornered Chris Luxton at a meeting to ask him if the RR engines were going to drop off the planes. I think he thought we were joking and had a bit of a laugh. Ahh the good old days will come back one day, give it a bit of time.
    For sure, remember those good old days under Luxon's leadership. Checking through my spreadsheet my last sale was at $3.35 in May 2018. Never been back on the register since.

I expect once the Asian markets open up overseas investors will deal to any available buy depth.

I remember many, many years ago asking at one annual meeting of AIR if the company was considered to be cyclical or not
    Quite obviously back then this hounds nose was highly addicted to sniffing aviation fumes to the point I couldn't think straight
    Asking if this is a cyclical is like asking if the Pope is a Catholic
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-03-2022 at 12:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I expect once the Asian markets open up overseas investors will deal to any available buy depth.
    I doubled my short this am astounded it went from $1.22 to $1.30 just had to sell some more. I just hope I haven't got this terribly wrong. I normally step back if i don't understand something .However this looks like a sure bet ....time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    I doubled my short this am astounded it went from $1.22 to $1.30 just had to sell some more. I just hope I haven't got this terribly wrong. I normally step back if i don't understand something .However this looks like a sure bet ....time will tell.
    As sure as the sun coming up tomorrow mate. You can sleep well tonight.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It has not just been the sharsies buying up these recently.
    Direct broking clients had it as the 2nd most popular share for their clients to buy up to the week ending 18/3/22 and it’s popularity increased to 1st for the week ending 25/3/22.

Might get back into the 130s by end of day

So so so cheap
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Are there that many gullible folk who would think that was it 1.17 the low, and rally up from there. Mind boggling. Are they aware Cap Raise is looking like will be set at 0.53c with a 2 for one offer to existing share holders. Who on earth is buying and why?

Advanced Member

Wow - what is going on. At least those with half a clue have had a good opportunity this morning to sell at a good price. But still - this is pure insanity keeping this turd airborne at this price.

Wow what a trading day! Shorted on open, covered $1.25-26, reloaded $1.29-30, covered $1.18-19, reloaded $1.25-6, covered $1.20... Now waiting for another reload

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Are there that many gullible folk who would think that was it 1.17 the low, and rally up from there. Mind boggling. Are they aware Cap Raise is looking like will be set at 0.53c with a 2 for one offer to existing share holders. Who on earth is buying and why?
    I don't know that's what has me worried.... "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent " comes to mind with my short . Might have to be a bit more like
    JTH and be more nimble .......