sharetrader
Page 1951 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 951145118511901194119471948194919501951195219531954195519612001 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,510 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

playing with fire...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Wow what a trading day! Shorted on open, covered $1.25-26, reloaded $1.29-30, covered $1.18-19, reloaded $1.25-6, covered $1.20... Now waiting for another reload
    Go the Stallion!!

Final reload for the day. Stoploss and take profit set, so time to enjoy this weather.

Guru

dead cat bounce....

The thing about airlines is that for the time any planes are in the air they are burning ever more expensive fuel with potential capacity (seats) forever unfilled and when they are not in the air they are paying increasing rentals to airports to park the planes. Invest in airports if anything not airlines.

Selling this rights issue like lipstick on a pig to people with very little financial acumen (ordinary New Zealanders) by way of emails to frequent flyers 'refuel for our recovery' is poor form - just like used car salesmen. You can say buyer beware which I agree with but this is really going to hurt the capital markets in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Quite astounding the resilience of the current market depth with Cap Raise being more than double what was expected. Whats an extra Billion between friends right Surely even retail folk can see what this size Cap Raise means. The resulting dilution of shareholders value. In one way forcing them to inject more capital at an offer to buy 2 shares for each share you currently own at a 'discounted Cap Raise offer' to try to make it look attractive. ie Cost averaging down as the share price will need to be low enough to be attractive to get funds through the cap raise. With no dividends in sight. Years away from breaking even let alone become profitable. Shareholders can expect to see previous low end trough of 0.70-0.80 tested for sure. Will be surprised if there is not a massive sell down ahead of Cap Raise. As post this massive unprecedented (in NZ) cap raise there will not likely be any reason for share price to rally, so those looking for a quick buck off buying in at cap raise offer and selling to make 10-20% won't be interested as likely will at best see SP plateau at Cap Raise price, or slowly decline, as most Cap Raise offers have seen in recent times. As many of us were suggesting on this thread for a long time, blood batch to share holders in the water. Surprised with so much pre warning there wasn't already a mass exodus. Those hat live in hope I guess. But no body expected the raise to be this big. Most analysts are recommending their fund managers downgrade and sell off / reduce current portfolio exposure. Will be interesting to see where Cap Raise price is set and how long support remains in market depth until everyone understands the reality of this 2 Billion dollar 'fund raising campaign' (to pay debt!) that has just been announced.
    I think you need to put on your enthusiastic newby hat. Look at it that way. One AIR share was priced at $1.50 - give or take some.

They now offer you the right to buy for each AIR share you hold 2 additional new shiny shares (equally valued to the old shares) for only 53 cents each, i.e. if you buy now one AIR share you get for the price (one AIR share plus $1.06) three shares which would have been last week still worth $4.50!

Pay (at current AIR prices) $1.25 plus 2 times 53 cents i.e. $2.31 and get $4.50 (at last weeks prices) worth of shares ... if you use the Shareclarity DCF value, you even get three shares worth $1.79 each - What a bargain!

Just for clarification ... I don't recommend to do that, but I could imagine that this might be the motivation for the people still queueing up at the buy queue. Why else would anybody want to buy these shares?

Discl: don't hold and don't have a long enough barge pole to buy at any price ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 31-03-2022 at 01:59 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by ordop View Post
    The thing about airlines is that for the time any planes are in the air they are burning ever more expensive fuel with potential capacity (seats) forever unfilled and when they are not in the air they are paying increasing rentals to airports to park the planes. Invest in airports if anything not airlines.

Selling this rights issue like lipstick on a pig to people with very little financial acumen (ordinary New Zealanders) by way of emails to frequent flyers 'refuel for our recovery' is poor form - just like used car salesmen. You can say buyer beware which I agree with but this is really going to hurt the capital markets in New Zealand.
    Reminds me very much of My food bag promotors extolling their customers to "tuck in"
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think you need to put on your enthusiastic newby hat. Look at it that way. One AIR share was priced at $1.50 - give or take some.

They now offer you the right to buy for each AIR share you hold 2 additional new shiny shares (equally valued to the old shares) for only 53 cents each, i.e. if you buy now one AIR share you get for the price (one AIR share plus $1.06) three shares which would have been last week still worth $4.50!

Pay (at current AIR prices) $1.25 plus 2 times 53 cents i.e. $2.31 and get $4.50 (at last weeks prices) worth of shares ... if you use the Shareclarity DCF value, you even get three shares worth $1.79 each - What a bargain!

Just for clarification ... I don't recommend to do that, but I could imagine that this might be the motivation for the people still queueing up at the buy queue. Why else would anybody want to buy these shares?

Discl: don't hold and don't have a long enough barge pole to buy at any price ...
    Interesting the FMA put a halt to this
    https://www.fma.govt.nz/news-and-res...rder-longhorn/
    However there are hundreds if not thousands on investors in Air NZ that are imo about to feel the wrath of the market and suffer a significant loss.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Reminds me very much of My food bag promotors extolling their customers to "tuck in"
    or BurgerFuel - "would you like shares with that"
    that was despicable

Buy $1000 worth. You can always bid for some of the left overseas at 50 cents