sharetrader
Page 1959 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 959145918591909194919551956195719581959196019611962196319692009 ... LastLast
Results 19,581 to 19,590 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I still count myself lucky that 2 years ago tomorrow AIR fronted up with CASH (no argument) in 6 days for 4 premium economy return flights to London that were in throes of being cancelled.

No credits for me
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I still count myself lucky that 2 years ago tomorrow AIR fronted up with CASH (no argument) in 6 days for 4 premium economy return flights to London that were in throes of being cancelled.

No credits for me
    Well, "nomen est omen" as the Romans would have said ... ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

I liked how the analyst the other day on One News said that without the Govt backing, Air NZ would be "technically insolvent".....yet people still pile in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Ignorance is bliss

How do you think the next 12-18 months will look with jet fuel well above 100 USD and many of the seats being occupied by passengers that are using credits = no cash coming in for many of the seats but jet fuel being burned.

On my watch list but won’t consider until they are much lower which they will be as reality sets in.
    Go to have a look Air's Fuel Hedging Update. Will make you well informed investor.

Guru

"Cannot understand why this is an appealing investment at this price especially with the future outlook still bleak"

must believe that its a BARGAIN!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    Go to have a look Air's Fuel Hedging Update. Will make you well informed investor.
    I’m quite aware of their fuel hedging situation. Hedging only delays the inevitable unless they get very lucky very soon.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I ran a quick & dirty value analysis on AIR based on the information available and applied a reasonable discount for safety given the circumstances and came up with a value for buying AIR shares of....

[ drumroll ]

....$0.538.

Also much as paying a dividend is seen as an important thing for many Kiwi companies I think 2026 is too early.

Disclaimer:
    Done purely as a theoretical exercise, you will not find me on their share register in the foreseeable future.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Bob50 View Post
    It has not just been the sharsies buying up these recently.
    Direct broking clients had it as the 2nd most popular share for their clients to buy up to the week ending 18/3/22 and it’s popularity increased to 1st for the week ending 25/3/22.
    Quite a lurch in the opposite direction. For the week ending 1-4 AIR became Direct Broking most popular share to sell.

Been lot of activity on ASX

ASX accounts for 44% of total shares traded last 2 days (on NZX and ASX)

Those Aussies are pretty clever
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I ran a quick & dirty value analysis on AIR based on the information available and applied a reasonable discount for safety given the circumstances and came up with a value for buying AIR shares of....

[ drumroll ]

....$0.538.

Also much as paying a dividend is seen as an important thing for many Kiwi companies I think 2026 is too early.

Disclaimer:
    Done purely as a theoretical exercise, you will not find me on their share register in the foreseeable future.
    Well known the endangered cat is adverse to AIR so a theoretical valuation offers no real insight into the furry one's thinking.
    What price that fully accounts for all known risks and all unknown risks might tempt the cat out of its lair might be of more interest.
    For what its worth I might come out of my kennel and put a paw up for a few in due course if it gets down to about 25 cents but no worries if it doesn't as I am content to watch this slow motion train wreck from the sidelines and have almost infinite patience when it comes to possibly buying back in at some future opportune point.

In market moves overseas today I see the Dow Jones transport index closed down ~ 5%. AIR's share price on Monday might surprise a few punters and the trend in April might be quite interesting.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2022 at 10:28 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine