sharetrader
Page 1962 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 962146218621912195219581959196019611962196319641965196619722012 ... LastLast
Results 19,611 to 19,620 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

My CFD prices and numbers have all changed!
    I don’t get it tbh
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Poolboy View Post
    Being an investor- NOT a day trader, it's happy days for me.

I'll be taking up the 53 cents offer.

It can't get too much worse, unless we have WW3, but even then why would an eight year old boy get called up. So I should be fine in that respect too.
    Hmm - with all due respect ... I hope you made these comments in jest?

Of course - it may or may not get worse for AIR from here (though I would consider it unwise to discount at this stage the possibility of WW3 ... just look at WW2 - it took the Americans at that stage as well 2 years to join the action), but even if you are right and it does not get worse - how long can a company survive writing annual losses of some $800m a year?

Sure - we always will need air transport, but unfortunately AIR missed its chance to use the last couple of years to slim down and tone its mussles during the crisis. They kept all the belly fat and expensive overhead from the good years and are now - compared to the competition - a quite slow, fat and heavy operator in a slim and agile world.

I would be interested to see and understand your working assumptions re future earnings and future expenses ...

A wise man once said: Income above expenses means happiness, income below expenses means misery.

High fixed cost, reduced revenue and increasing operational costs (fuel prices) are an unhealthy combination in order to achieve economical happiness ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 04-04-2022 at 10:33 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

A share price doesn't always reflect what it's worth in numbers. It tends to reflect what Joe Average thinks it's worth. Or a case of Joe Average wanting a piece of the action. A cannot imagine it getting below 53 cents without a bunch of hopeful punters jumping onboard and keeping it elevated at a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    Looking like she's his buyers have got it wrong again. Lining up to buy in at $.80c. Doesn't qualify as being able to buy extra at 0.53 Cap Raise price. Why buy in at 0.80c when all indicators are flashing red and we know SP is going to drop back to near Cap Raise price. Buying in at 0.80c would be a loss of about 35% from where SP will fall to. Are sharpies advising their clients on this or?
    Shareies don't give advice. They just execute trades for you.

This AIR debacle is going to scare off a whole new generation of investors.

In the meantime though, this initial price rise will be putting some pressure on leveraged short positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolboy View Post
    A share price doesn't always reflect what it's worth in numbers. It tends to reflect what Joe Average thinks it's worth. Or a case of Joe Average wanting a piece of the action. A cannot imagine it getting below 53 cents without a bunch of hopeful punters jumping onboard and keeping it elevated at a certain point.
    Absolutely - hype is a significant parameter determining the share price. Problem is just - it comes and goes, it is fickle and unpredictable.

Looking at the basics ... how much is a company worth to you which lost in 2020 40 cents per share, lost in 2021 26 cents per share and is scheduled to lose in 2022 34 cents per share (pre CR numbers ... i.e. loss will - given the trebling of the shares - drop to something like 11 cents per share - hey, this is progress ) for which nobody can predict the future?

Hint ... huge black clouds are gathering at the horizon and coming closer ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    In the meantime though, this initial price rise will be putting some pressure on leveraged short positions.
    This thing is becoming New Zealand's Gamestop...

Looks investors are not so pessimistic!

Guru

"They just execute trades for you."

since the investor trader doesnt own the shares... they are executing a proxy and really they are playing with your money ..

"
    This thing is becoming New Zealand's Gamestop..."

well there is an air plane involved that does try to make some money....

real planes that fly...

sorry when does it pay a DIV again and how much?

Last edited by Waltzing; 04-04-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Shareies don't give advice. They just execute trades for you.

This AIR debacle is going to scare off a whole new generation of investors.
    The last figure I heard was that Sharesies members had iabout $60 million invested in AIR out of a total of over $2 billion, so about 3% of total investments.

I don't know what the distrubution is like, there are surely some with a lot more than 3% and others with zero, but I don't think 3% is such a big deal even if AIR turned out to be a total loss.

(I am a Sharesies member, don't hold AIR, just interested to see how it turns out.)