sharetrader
Page 1965 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 965146518651915195519611962196319641965196619671968196919752015 ... LastLast
Results 19,641 to 19,650 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Nuts! Short position burnt and no shorting allowed on CMC now.... An expensive lesson on taking profits when you have the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    Nuts! Short position burnt and no shorting allowed on CMC now.... An expensive lesson on taking profits when you have the opportunity.
    Seems to be some screwing the shorts at play today. Plus last minute buy in's to 'qualify' for the cap raise price. Will be momentary rally today from low 0.80. By friday will be well below 0.80 though, that's a given. Reload of shorts Wednesday.

Just pure patriotism
    Needless to say this is not shared over the ditch in the asx

What scenes! I closed my small short position before ex-rights with the intention to re-enter exrights, as I anticipated a large Sharesies bid would come in Monday morning giving me a good entry again. After seeing the momentum this morning I ended up long (which I never thought would happen), which I've since closed. I would be shorting at these levels but can't get short supply. Hopefully it becomes available with all the stops being hit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    What scenes! I closed my small short position before ex-rights with the intention to re-enter exrights, as I anticipated a large Sharesies bid would come in Monday morning giving me a good entry again. After seeing the momentum this morning I ended up long (which I never thought would happen), which I've since closed. I would be shorting at these levels but can't get short supply. Hopefully it becomes available with all the stops being hit.
    Never speculation

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    Ex record date is tomorrow, so the best day to get in would be today and tomorrow? I think there may be a bloodbath on Wednesday.
    They are ex rights today. Record day is tomorrow.

Can we say with the AIZ action on the ASX compared to AIR on NZX (assuming no sharesies impact) that the Aussies are a clever bunch
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The efficient markets theory seems to have been debunked. Maybe we missed the news release of Air NZs pivot to blockchain (Blockchain Air NZ).

Quote Originally Posted by ados_nz View Post
    This is one of the reasons why I don't get into shorting unless I know the person lending me the shares. When you really, really want to short a stock, often you can't.

Anyone who contractually wants to lend me 100,000 AIR shares for 12 months, please let me know immediately !
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2022 at 01:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Been able to maintain my short. Couldn't get a clear answer on Friday on the mechanics. Now I know which is what I was worried about. Anyway currently the share price is effectively up 35%. Another part of this joke is that the rights are actually 1 for 2. Yes that is right! The issue is a 2 for 1 then the rights are a 1 right for 2 shares. Nver been done in the world like that. I would say it is someone in AIR that screwed up initially and then covering their mistake. Looking at price providerse veryone thinks the share price is down, normally it is adjusted properly, hence the buying.

To close the FMA should tell NZX to halt trading. This market is neither functioning nor transparent.

CFD position holders actually can see what the position is and no-one lese can because they see the loss or profit in the account. It is right.