sharetrader
Page 1966 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 966146618661916195619621963196419651966196719681969197019762016 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,660 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Been able to maintain my short. Couldn't get a clear answer on Friday on the mechanics. Now I know which is what I was worried about. Anyway currently the share price is effectively up 35%. Another part of this joke is that the rights are actually 1 for 2. Yes that is right! The issue is a 2 for 1 then the rights are a 1 right for 2 shares. Nver been done in the world like that. I would say it is someone in AIR that screwed up initially and then covering their mistake. Looking at price providerse veryone thinks the share price is down, normally it is adjusted properly, hence the buying.

To close the FMA should tell NZX to halt trading. This market is neither functioning nor transparent.

CFD position holders actually can see what the position is and no-one lese can because they see the loss or profit in the account. It is right.
    Now that will confuse many punters ....should have done 1 for 3 .... ie 1 existing share equals 1 right to buy 3 shares at 35 cents .... would have made it seem even cheaper
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Hey Dassetts I said a while back the FMA should be over this and just n hour back that it should be given a 'speeding ticket' and put into halt. But i'm not clear on what you mean by the issue is a 2 for 1 then the rights are a 1 for 2? Can you clarify to me please?

The NZX made a mistake this morning with reference prices and hence it says the stock is down x% for the day when it's actually the largest daily gain in AIR.NZ history.

Quote Originally Posted by ordop View Post
    Hey Dassetts I said a while back the FMA should be over this and just n hour back that it should be given a 'speeding ticket' and put into halt. But i'm not clear on what you mean by the issue is a 2 for 1 then the rights are a 1 for 2? Can you clarify to me please?

The NZX made a mistake this morning with reference prices and hence it says the stock is down x% for the day when it's actually the largest daily gain in AIR.NZ history.
    The NZX man says -

The reference price for each AIRRG right has been updated to $0.49. The price adjustment has been made to reflect the correct ratio of 1 AIRRG right being exercised to 2 Air New Zealand Shares.

Has the NZX just had their very own plane crash?!

Offer Document

•$0.53 per New Share (Offer Price), representing:
    −61.5% discount to the last traded price on NZX of $1.375 on 30 March 2022
    −34.7% discount to Theoretical Ex-Rights Price (TERP)1of $0.81

My Calculation
    Share Price on 30 March $1.375
    Rights Offer 1st share $0.53
    Rights Offer 2nd share $0.53
    Total $2.44
    Ex-Right theoretical Price $0.81

That means 2 shares for 1 share held, what I am missing here.
    Last edited by keerti; 04-04-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keerti View Post
    Offer Document

My Calculation
    Share Price on 30 March $1.375
    Rights Offer 1st share $0.53
    Rights Offer 2nd share $0.53
    Total $2.44
    Ex-Right theoretical Price $0.81

That means 2 shares for 1 share held, what I am missing here.
    Nothing -- you can get 2 new shares at 53 cents each for each 1 existing share you held

Your 1 existing share gives you 1 Right .... enabling you to buy 2 new shares at 53 cents according to NZX

Now you are totally confused eh

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The NZX man says -

The reference price for each AIRRG right has been updated to $0.49. The price adjustment has been made to reflect the correct ratio of 1 AIRRG right being exercised to 2 Air New Zealand Shares.
    Hey Winner, Yes I am more confused with your previous post☺

Quote Originally Posted by keerti View Post
    Hey Winner, Yes I am more confused with your previous post☺
    I think there is total confusion out there

Biggest one day rise in history for AIR shares today they say

It's astonishing to see how irrational the market in this stock is. Setting aside today's bizarre action, it has been over-valued since, what, 2020. What other NZ stocks are trading at irrationally high or low values, or is AIR unique in this respect?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nurg View Post
    It's astonishing to see how irrational the market in this stock is. Setting aside today's bizarre action, it has been over-valued since, what, 2020. What other NZ stocks are trading at irrationally high or low values, or is AIR unique in this respect?
    How many of the retail punters would realise what an irrational market is with this stock? hype blinds the vision in these situations, easy to fall into a trance like state (speaking from experience) A2 was going to $30 or so many including myself thought.
    Last edited by couta1; 04-04-2022 at 03:02 PM.