sharetrader
Page 1978 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 97814781878192819681974197519761977197819791980198119821988 ... LastLast
Results 19,771 to 19,780 of 20193

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

AIRRH and then AIRRI

Edit in response to earlier question wondering what air plan is once they run out of money again
    Last edited by Dassets; 07-04-2022 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Add

Guru

"air plan "

since dassets seems to have some knowledge of planes and things?

what are AIR's options....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_III#Origins

or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concorde

had a terrible accident ...

Last edited by Waltzing; 07-04-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    A couple of questions for holders to consider....

1. What month, and year, will AIR raise equity? and
    2. How much and at what price?

My guesses are March 2022 and $1b+ at 50 cents a share...right now I'd say they are basically insolvent without the Govt so as a taxpayer I'll be grumpy if the capital raise does not result in significant dilution of existing holders. Govt should go back to 80%+ and then rehabilitate the business over 3-5 years before reducing their stake again and making a solid gain for taxpayers.
    I'll claim this as a victory...from August '21

AIR did that quick flash sale the other day which I thought was just so they can say REVIVE. But I now notice some(maybe across more fares but don't have the desire to burn time) of the business class fares have remained at half of what other airlines are charging for similar routes. So you can still get AKL to LAX business for circa $6T. Here is one very scary possible reason. They get the cash for that sale now. They have learnt to use cash from forward sales in the present. They don't get the cash issue money for a little more than a month, when the new shares are issued. If I was a betting man what odds would I put on these sales are at these discounted levels because they are desperate for the cash right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    AIR did that quick flash sale the other day which I thought was just so they can say REVIVE. But I now notice some(maybe across more fares but don't have the desire to burn time) of the business class fares have remained at half of what other airlines are charging for similar routes. So you can still get AKL to LAX business for circa $6T. Here is one very scary possible reason. They get the cash for that sale now. They have learnt to use cash from forward sales in the present. They don't get the cash issue money for a little more than a month, when the new shares are issued. If I was a betting man what odds would I put on these sales are at these discounted levels because they are desperate for the cash right now.
    That's pretty sneaky eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Don’t think so.

They have not fully drawn down the government’s loan facility yet.

• Liquidity of $1.4 billion as at 23 February 2022, made up of approximately $170 million of cash and $1.24 billion of available funds under the remaining Crown Facility and Redeemable Shares
    Last edited by Balance; 07-04-2022 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Don’t think so.

They have not fully drawn down the government’s loan facility yet.

• Liquidity of $1.4 billion as at 23 February 2022, made up of approximately $170 million of cash and $1.24 billion of available funds under the remaining Crown Facility and Redeemable Shares
    Good point Balance. However so sure on the status of those agreements and access to cash. I would have said 100% that the new agreements that form the capital raise will have replaced those older ones. There will be provisions on the switch-over but who knows what those are. What are the other reason you sell product for 50% of your competitors?

Plus since then it had to pay for its PAYE final catch up payment, so that is the cash gone. Then the fuel price has gone up what?
    Last edited by Dassets; 07-04-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    "maybe the 20s as well"

NAH the SHAZ will make sure of that... maybe go without bread that week... ARHH KFC ...

A good dose of the current 'watch the Share price dive' is bound to ensure no laxatives are needed

A major instalment of red ink delivered with more for the taking or the ever distant optimism of she'll bounce back
    to be a multibagger in 15 years time - wonder which they'll opt in for ?

Guru

"wonder which they'll opt in for ?"

they will go all in... nothing to lose!! Bargain!!!

well china is now closed .. plus some other country's and the middle east a bit if 'e and no one really wanting to cruise the Baltic and i usually do ! Invites for bears coming on upon return (not a bear drinker but this time will be)...

You would be surprised at the number of Aussie that used to cruise europe every year... LOTS!

Then there were the Kiwis cruising the Greek Islands..

It all adds up and it wont be adding up to quite the same numbers this time around.

Whole population of China now out of the travel business.. all locked up with MOA'S new republished works to study over the rice bowls...

Dont see AIR line profits returning to Pre C levels any year soon even if the air lines say other wise.

I looked up AKL-LAX return business class couple month ago and it was selling for about $11,600!