sharetrader
Page 1985 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 98514851885193519751981198219831984198519861987198819891995 ... LastLast
Results 19,841 to 19,850 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

yea it was a successful rights issue even the ones who brought heads at the last minute did well
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Well I think we all called this one wrong? So far anyway.
    Just remember - the performance isn't over until the fat lady sings. Just wait for the next financials ... and the next "refuelling".
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Certainly lack of seats and options AKL - LAX, either way…AIR not in a position to maximise revenue currently??

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just remember - the performance isn't over until the fat lady sings. Just wait for the next financials ... and the next "refuelling".
    Well said. I think the market is presently extremely bullish on the reopening and travel prospects but AIR's balance sheet is not going to be in fabulous shape when they report in August even after this recapitalization and of course there's now 3.3 Billion shares so any future earnings when they finally do happen are going to look super weak on an earnings per share basis, even if another refueling isn't required, (and I think its likely they will need another one). I'm staying well away.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-05-2022 at 10:45 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    Well I think we all called this one wrong? So far anyway.
    Not really. Shorting worked ok.the quantum of gain just a but less than expected but my IRR would over 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Certainly lack of seats and options AKL - LAX, either way…AIR not in a position to maximise revenue currently??
    AKL/CHC - SIN too, not many flights scheduled and for many of those there's no economy seats available at all. This on a route that the AIR/SIN alliance used to have 4x daily flights to NZ. Prices 2-3x pre-pandemic levels too.

Trans Tasman demand far outstripping supply too.

Begs the question, what is Air NZ doing? They have plenty of planes and crew, why are they not in the air or at least in the schedule?

Maybe they been listening to the doom merchants here..

Pressure now on the NZ government to remove pre-departure testing as more pragmatic countries did long ago. Especially necessary considering the outrageous prices charged for testing in our monopoly riddled plague islands.

Once it goes, demand will be a true tidal wave.

Totally agree, no seats, or ridiculous prices. Add more planes

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by THEONE View Post
    Totally agree, no seats, or ridiculous prices. Add more planes
    As Jaa said, the demand will be very limited while the current testing requirements remain in place. The Government needs to remove them and do it fast, so our tourism and hospitality industries can start the much needed rebuild.
    Last edited by iceman; 05-05-2022 at 08:55 PM.

I haven't seen what I got in the shareholder shortfall allocation from the company as yet, but I got 100% of what I bid for via the broker pool. This is counter to what the company said today but I am waiting to see if scaling happened in the shareholder pool. BTW , I haven't lost my mind and am going long, I am only covering my short!! I would have thought most who had shorted have covered. Can't see who will buy going forward.