sharetrader
Page 1986 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 98614861886193619761982198319841985198619871988198919901996 ... LastLast
Results 19,851 to 19,860 of 20194

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

If business class travel will likely be more expensive then cruise ship's will surely face some real cost pressures in supplying everything from the 2 types of Oil some use right down to daily fresh baked bread.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    As Jaa said, the demand will be very limited while the current testing requirements remain in place. The Government needs to remove them and do it fast, so our tourism and hospitality industries can start the much needed rebuild.
    Demand is FAR outstripping supply even with them in place on most key Air NZ international routes (LAX, SIN, Tasman). Removing them will as you say cause demand to go even more ballistic. Allowing super normal profits for the airline for the rest of year or until Air NZ and their competitors regain enough confidence in the country to massively increase capacity.

Something no airline seems in a hurry to do, having been previously burned by NZ. Reputational damage from the outrageous and illegal restrictions that NZ used to lock out its own citizens.
    Last edited by Jaa; 06-05-2022 at 04:16 AM.

I know markets are weak atm, but..... it looks like the long anticipated fall in sp is beginning. Trading at 71cps is equivalent of $1.06 pre raise. I was surprised the rights issue finished so buoyant especially the shortfall bookbuild going through at 81cps. Perhaps those who sold the heads ex rights and also took up there entitlement are now exiting via the rear of the plane. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in low to mid 60's (which equates to about 80cps pre raise).

Well done to Citi and UBS? Certainly met and exceeded their clients expectation.

Advanced Member

Took half of my long term short back today @ 71.5 cents . Had to be patient with this one .......

Brought back my short today. Looking forward to the AIRRH and AIRRI cash issues! AIRRG was the 7th issue while listed, so H and I are next in the alphabet for the uninitiated in rights' ticker coding.

Legend

Something must have gone wrong .. AIR wasn't supposed to lose altitude like this

Was Robbo spotted kneeling on the tarmac in front of a large bird, begging not to be run over somewhere ?

Are all the Mum & Dad and Sharesies supporters on holiday or fresh out of coin to jack things up ?
    Last edited by nztx; 10-05-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Makes me wonder who jacked it up during the cash issue process ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Makes me wonder who jacked it up during the cash issue process ?
    I’ve been feeling for weeks it’s been heavily manipulated and now it’s falling in a hole after the money is raised. Call me cynical but it’s performance is much worse than the markets the past 2-3 sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Something must have gone wrong .. AIR wasn't supposed to lose altitude like this

Was Robbo spotted kneeling on the tarmac in front of a large bird, begging not to be run over somewhere ?

Are all the Mum & Dad and Sharesies supporters on holiday or fresh out of coin to jack things up ?
    Talked to a Sharesies client/investor yesterday who participated and bid for more shares in the shortfall. He was successful in his bid and got all he wanted at 81c.

He is rather horrified to find that the new shares will not be adjusted down to market price so he bailed out of his '53c' shares yesterday to limit his exposure.

Signs of the time.

Guru

NZX just updated their website.

3.368B shares on issue, $0.349 NTA per share - perhaps not adjusted for the cash they just got in.....

$811m net assets as at 31/12 + $1.2b just raised. I reckon net assets of approx $0.597 per share.

They lost $376m in the first half of the financial year. I haven't done an indepth search of latest announcements, but they did say full year loss wouldn't exceed $800m. So we'll "be kind" and say $250m loss (no doubt plenty of govt ministers on planes in the next year or so). Another 7.4c per share, taking it down to around 52 cents.

Then further losses expected in following years. Notwithstanding the macro environment with fuel, war, inflation, China lockdown etc etc.

Doesn't exactly look like a bargain at $0.70......