sharetrader
Page 2003 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 100315031903195319931999200020012002200320042005200620072013 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,030 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BWH View Post
    I used to have a platinum AMEX card years ago but then changed to the Kiwibank one, which has been slowly falling behind in value ever since. The biggest problem with AMEX is that hardly anyone in NZ accepts it.
    Amex is a huge cost for small businesses. I remember it being something in the vicinity of 5-6% of the purchase price in costs for the retailer and if you are signed up to an association similar to the retailers association. It is higher if you are not, from memory 8-10%and also not all banks do this. Kiwibank was offering 4-5% for Visa or Mastercard for the retailer. I believe They don’t have an association that can make it cheaper.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

So back in good old 2001 I started a new job and that came with a corporate AMEX card.
    When I realised that you could sign up for AIRpoints with them, [note the tenuous link to the thread subject] I duly did.
    Much to my surprise a 2nd AMEX card arrived. I queried this and they told me to use the new one and cut up the old one. I duly did.
    Next I came to use my AMEX it did not work and it transpired they had cancelled the new card instead of the old one.
    So they then sent a replacement card....
    ....for both cards and then it went downhill from there.

Meanwhile AIR are quite the butt of a few jokes in aviation circles in that they are struggling to get their planes back from New York without regularly needing to leave something behind to save weight and fuel.

But I am sure they will get it sorted.

Disc: I have more AMEX and other credit card stories to bore you with if required.
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 06-10-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    om mani peme hum

Air New Zealand has always been an embarrassment but they may have outdone themselves this time:

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/trave...francisco.html
    Last edited by Recaster; 06-10-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Recaster View Post
    Air New Zealand has always been an embarrassment but they may have outdone themselves this time:

That is like saying all posters on sharetrader are drop kicks.

A totally ignorant statement.

Membaa

If you want to be taken seriously as an analyst, which apparently you do from posting your various reports, you might consider refraining from emotional comments about the companies you report on. Keep it factual. Reputation is hard won but easily lost. This comment does you no favours.

Now that Preachy Luxon is gone they can bring back the pink flights

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    Now that Preachy Luxon is gone they can bring back the pink flights
    Air NZ used to tell their staff that they do these sort of things to get free promo 'cos they can't afford to spend big on ad like the big boys, and if you follow them on Linkedin you'll read nothing but good news on the newly launched route and everyone celebrating the end of the lock down.
    If I didn't know better I'd think a big dividend is coming.

I guess at 6% and pseudo govt guarantee some will find the bond offer attractive

lol
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Im up 17% in 3 months ,buying small amounts as it rises, nice to be winning for a change

I wish... I'm about 20% down.