sharetrader
Page 2009 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 10091509190919591999200520062007200820092010201120122013 ... LastLast
Results 20,081 to 20,090 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Onemootpoint View Post
    With both ferry services having to cancel so many crossings due to mechanical issues the only other way to get there is by air, albeit meant to be a temporary disruption. Then of course road disruptions all over the North Island.
    Thats got to be good for AIR NZ doesn't it?

I don’t know whether the ferry disruptions are a comedy of errors or a series of unfortunate events. Either way; maybe AIR could jump on this. Domestic air fares are horrendous these days.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Onemootpoint View Post
    I don’t know whether the ferry disruptions are a comedy of errors or a series of unfortunate events. Either way; maybe AIR could jump on this. Domestic air fares are horrendous these days.

might run out of planes .. wouldn't want to work them too fast though - look what it's done to the ferries and if the Seaman happen to notice there could be more ***** thrown around than a cyclone puts out .. would mounting a Koru on a rowboat with 25 unionised horses do ?

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    might run out of planes .. wouldn't want to work them too fast though - look what it's done to the ferries and if the Seaman happen to notice there could be more ***** thrown around than a cyclone puts out .. would mounting a Koru on a rowboat with 25 unionised horses do ?

Seems they have already run out of planes, at least for the long haul routes. Not getting all those parked up B777’s back and wet leasing on the Akl-Perth flight. Received a few brand new A321neos recently though with more to come for the domestic market. Up to 50 odd more passengers per leg.

Guru

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...957/390250.pdf

Dame Therese buying some more....

Legend

Another satisfied AIR Customer:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/trave...kings#comments

It's a wonder that AIR didn't also charge for waiting time on the line
    Last edited by nztx; 09-03-2023 at 03:04 PM.

Surely the lower / stable oil price must assist profits

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Surely the lower / stable oil price must assist profits
    Should do. I think they based their estimates around $120 bbl USD. Greg Foran is ex-Walmart. I have faith in him he is focusing on margins.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunecookie View Post
    Should do. I think they based their estimates around $120 bbl USD. Greg Foran is ex-Walmart. I have faith in him he is focusing on margins.
    I recently flew business return to Asia and was really shocked by the cost cutting. Just to name a few things..
    - no newspaper or magazine
    - very limited selection of new films
    - very limited selections of juice and beer (orange & Steinlarger only on return to AKL)
    - no cookie from the snack menu and muesli bar not even full size
    - no cheese board or fruit basket on offer, in fact a lot of items on the menu will not be offered unless you ask for them I suspect, it's now on demand, like NetFlix LOL
    - WiFi wasn't even working on return to AKL
    - the appetizers were served on a tiny plate, meant to be two bite at the most
    - no nuts on offered, used to get them with pre-flight drink I remember
    - on return to AKL the crew did not even come around 2nd time to offer bread re-fill
    - no ice cream for dessert, I remembered many years ago watching a video on youtube and really surprised that ANA even served Haggen-Dazs to their economy class passengers! At least business class passengers were offered premium Whittaker chocolates just before touch down, instead of hard candies.

The crews were wonderful but I'm sure customers in this price range will notice more than a few things missing, so might shop around next time. Business Premier is supposed to be a class between First and Business but felt more like a class between Business and Premium Economy to me. The lie-flat was a real disappointment too, it's so narrow that unless you're skinny and well under 170cm, you'll only feel comfortable lying on your side. My feet especially, felt so cramped when in the lie flat facing the ceiling position. Spoke to my fellow passengers and it's the first time some of them have sat in a non-front facing seat and didn't enjoy the experience at all. They said that they had no idea the seats were arranged this way as the online photos were shot at an angle that doesn't show the true business class lay out.

Anyway, I wonder how much longer Greg is going to be around for? He must be coming up to be the longest serving CEO since Jim McRea LOL. Such a bad idea by the board, to be paying dividend 2yrs earlier than forecasted too, just to please its majority share holder. Should have used the higher than expected revenue to top up the war chest or to reduce its debt.
    Last edited by mikelee; 08-04-2023 at 07:02 PM.