sharetrader
Page 2010 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 10101510191019602000200620072008200920102011201220132014 ... LastLast
Results 20,091 to 20,100 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I recently flew business return to Asia and was really shocked by the cost cutting. Just to name a few things..
    - no newspaper or magazine
    - very limited selection of new films
    - very limited selections of juice and beer (orange & Steinlarger only on return to AKL)
    - no cookie from the snack menu and muesli bar not even full size
    - no cheese board or fruit basket on offer, in fact a lot of items on the menu will not be offered unless you ask for them I suspect, it's now on demand, like NetFlix LOL
    - WiFi wasn't even working on return to AKL
    - the appetizers were served on a tiny plate, meant to be two bite at the most
    - no nuts on offered, used to get them with pre-flight drink I remember
    - on return to AKL the crew did not even come around 2nd time to offer bread re-fill
    - no ice cream for dessert, I remembered many years ago watching a video on youtube and really surprised that ANA even served Haggen-Dazs to their economy class passengers! At least business class passengers were offered premium Whittaker chocolates just before touch down, instead of hard candies.

The crews were wonderful but I'm sure customers in this price range will notice more than a few things missing, so might shop around next time. Business Premier is supposed to be a class between First and Business but felt more like a class between Business and Premium Economy to me. The lie-flat was a real disappointment too, it's so narrow that unless you're skinny and well under 170cm, you'll only feel comfortable lying on your side. My feet especially, felt so cramped when in the lie flat facing the ceiling position. Spoke to my fellow passengers and it's the first time some of them have sat in a non-front facing seat and didn't enjoy the experience at all. They said that they had no idea the seats were arranged this way as the online photos were shot at an angle that doesn't show the true business class lay out.

Anyway, I wonder how much longer Greg is going to be around for? He must be coming up to be the longest serving CEO since Jim McRea LOL. Such a bad idea by the board, to be paying dividend 2yrs earlier than forecasted too, just to please its majority share holder. Should have used the higher than expected revenue to top up the war chest or to reduce its debt.
    I don't believe Air NZ are the only ones cost cutting. I had a similar experience on a different airline on longhaul. No hot tea or coffee, no newspaper etc. Entertainment offering was non existent- although this was probably due to a lack of recent movie releases. Airfares were 50% more compared to pre covid and we booked early. The difference was we were in cattle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunecookie View Post
    I don't believe Air NZ are the only ones cost cutting. I had a similar experience on a different airline on longhaul. No hot tea or coffee, no newspaper etc. Entertainment offering was non existent- although this was probably due to a lack of recent movie releases. Airfares were 50% more compared to pre covid and we booked early. The difference was we were in cattle class.
    Flew Cathay Pacific recently and the service was mechanical - few frills and you only get the basics.

Guess the airlines are all trying to recover some of the huge losses they all sustained in 2020 to 2022.

Guru

We flew Qatar business to Europe over Xmas - stunning service in the Qsuite.
    Everything you could ask for in terms of product and service - it was a shame that the flight wasn't longer

Marsden Point has 55m lites of fuel storage capacity, operator says (msn.com)

Interesting comment:
    "Buchanan said terminal and pipeline throughputs remained strong, with 810 million litres in the first three months of this year, up 10 million litres from the same time last year, with demand driven by aviation recovery."

No spare engines so two A320s grounded and thousands and thousands of passengers face disruption

Almost as bad as Cook Strait ferries

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...ngers-impacted
    Last edited by winner69; 21-04-2023 at 03:37 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Comment deleted. I dont own it directly anymore. It's in an index somewhere. Not sure how anyone can own airlines directly. Every headline would make it a painful hold.

I'll stick to roaming around the Black Monday thread.

I use to have 44,000 shares during the Happy Times of insanely huge profits and dividends. Those dividends! One day I woke up to the possibility of a Christmas Air NZ strike and I think not long after the SKC convention center caught on fire, which was being built by Fletchers. I owned all three. Id had enough. Indexes and ETFs for me.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 21-04-2023 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Comment deleted. I dont own it directly anymore. It's in an index somewhere. Not sure how anyone can own airlines directly. Every headline would make it a painful hold.

I'll stick to roaming around the Black Monday thread.

I use to have 44,000 shares during the Happy Times of insanely huge profits and dividends. Those dividends! One day I woke up to the possibility of a Christmas Air NZ strike and I think not long after the SKC convention center caught on fire, which was being built by Fletchers. I owned all three. Id had enough. Indexes and ETFs for me.
    I had a quick look at the some stats.
    I wouldn't be too overly concerned. I think I know what's happening.

But you are right, there is no point holding onto individual shares if there is too much stress.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No spare engines so two A320s grounded and thousands and thousands of passengers face disruption

Almost as bad as Cook Strait ferries

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/business/...ngers-impacted
    Bugger I just booked flights to Sydney last week for June. I suppose I will find out if I am one of the lucky ones....or not

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Bugger I just booked flights to Sydney last week for June. I suppose I will find out if I am one of the lucky ones....or not
    I hope you got abit flexibility. Worst case it's a day either side.

"Most of the affected passengers will have their flights moved within 90 minutes of their original departure, although around 4000 people will have their flights moved "a day either side."

Bit more on the engine parts shortage..

https://fortune.com/2023/03/09/airpl...travel-season/