sharetrader
Page 208 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 1081581982042052062072082092102112122182583087081208 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    "Group-wide yields for the financial year to date were up 2.2% on the same period last year. Short Haul yields were up 2.2%, while Long Haul yields were up 1.2%. Removing the impact of foreign exchange, Group-wide yields were up 4.3%."

Would someone be able to help me by explaining the definition of yield
    Is it revenue per passenger per kilometre?[/
    TIA
    Yep that's it. Yields going up while fuel price is getting slammed. That's the sort of Christmas recipe I find tasty

BFG Sure will. Real front month supply glut. Many parts of America and Canada already in the mid - late $40's per bbl. Nowhere to store the black stuff. I'd imagine the American's strategic petroleum reserve is already brimming right to the top.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-12-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    They don't need any more sanctions. The conspiracy theory that the Saudi's and Americans cooperated on the oil production front to really stick it to the Russians may have credibility. The rouble and Russian economy is in huge trouble with $60 oil. I wonder how they'll get on when it hits $50 ? Putin must be Pukin Principle's of natural justice are playing out very nicely.
    Yes, if it drops any further Russia could be at real risk of a recession, which could have some severe effects on the global economy.

Well done on the quip LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Here comes that extra capacity :-) Jetstar announced 3 new routes today. Melbourne - Wellington, Sydney - Wellington, Cairns - Wellington. Flights start 30 March 2015.
    Yep, $99 sale fares to Melbourne and you get a free shoehorn so even moderate sized people can squeeze themselves into the tiny coffin that is their seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yep, $99 sale fares to Melbourne and you get a free shoehorn so even moderate sized people can squeeze themselves into the tiny coffin that is their seat.
    Nah, read the small print. $10 for the shoehorn, and it reduces your carryon from 10kg to 9.9kg. Jetstar don't give away anything.

Will need to have a good night out in Melbourne before returning home to Wellington .... departure 12.45am arriving 6am just in time to get to work ... nice

Here comes that extra capacity :-) Jetstar announced 3 new routes today. Melbourne - Wellington, Sydney - Wellington, Cairns - Wellington. Flights start 30 March 2015.
    This didn't sound right to me so I did some investigating and the Wellington - Sydney and Wellington - Cairns routes are both via Melbourne! So only one new route then.

Fiji Airways did announce a new Wellington - Nadi route the other day so I'll give you two.

In terms of capacity I am surprised that Air NZ now have 40 wide body services a week across the trans tasman. The Auckland as the hub of the south pacific strategy seems to be working well.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Will need to have a good night out in Melbourne before returning home to Wellington .... departure 12.45am arriving 6am just in time to get to work ... nice
    Yep, super nice... goes with the rest of their five star experience Hint to KW, just spend a bit more time working the market so you can afford a proper airline ticket, honestly those scummy old planes with their truly shocking 29 inch pitch sardine can seats, cranky old battle-axe hostesses that would rather be working for a proper airline, almost non existent service and the hours of the flight almost perfectly encapsulate the true essence of third class travel. Why lower yourself to that when you don't have too just to save a few measly bucks ?

I actually dont have a problem with their seat sizes (I'm short), require nothing from stewards other than to direct me off the plane in case of emergency, take my own inflight entertainment, and get pissed in the Qantas lounge beforehand so I don't care anyway (plus nick a bit of food/drink from there for later).
    Haha tops, thats about how I travel by air - except Im tall so my knees get in the way.

Fair enough KW. When I was younger I was into finding the cheapest as frankly I had too. I think its part of the natural course of life that you gradually become more discerning. The fact that you still remember the Air flight fondly speaks for itself.

Tim Clark president and CEO of Emirates opines on the future price of oil and where he sees fair value
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/102275654
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-12-2014 at 10:59 AM.

On the up ...