sharetrader
Page 246 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 1461962362422432442452462472482492502562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 20189

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

News: Emirates has had another good financial year with East Asia and Australasia being the best regions.

THE SCENE: In a plush skyscraper office overlooking a sand dune.

Sheik of Emirates(into intercom): "Salaam Chief Bean Counter."

Chief Bean Counter(from intercom): "Greetings Your Excellency."

Sheik of Emirates: "I have all these new A380's, where should I fly them to get the most revenue per rivet/kilometer?"

Chief Bean Counter: "New Zealand Excellency."

Sheik of Emirates: "But won't that be bad for those sheep shaggers who run Cullen Airlines?"

Chief Bean Counter: "It is Allah's will Excellency."

Sheik of Emirates: "Very well lets do it."

Chief Bean Counter: "May I give you some frank advice Excellency?"

Sheik of Emirates: "Yes."

Chief Bean Counter: "It is risky for an Arab to raise the topic of unnatural sexual practices"

CLICK!!

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/surf...-video-6312753

New safety video released today. I see they've done their best not to objectify women by having equal measures of young adults and different races. Bound to have been filmed under strict orders to keep the PC nutters happy.

I still prefer the safety in paradise one for some strange reason https://youtu.be/q0tkeGPG_8Q

Anyway speaking of strange, I see QAN had a big investor day this week and its put a rocket up their SP and the spread over AIR's SP is now out to a whopping 90 cents. This seems absolutely crazy to me...maybe AIR's management need to do a better job of keeping the investment community aware of their projected outperformance this year and next ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-05-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Very good investor day presentation from Qantas. Exactly what the pro's are looking for. Taking a play out of the Delta playbook. Drive WACC lower, drive ROIC higher... it's so simple. Personally I don't believe Qantas international can justify much investment, less still the billions required to replace the 747 fleet in 5 years, then the a380 fleet in 10... Of course they can age the fleet and boost the SP for the next 3 years, then retire hero's.

Now when you are 50% government owned are you going to be so... how should I put it? Commercial? I have my doubts, but hope to be surprised - I will be communicating as such with IR/management when we next chat.
    Until then, be patient, enjoy the Qantas updraft. Air's fleet is in incredible shape, and such a strong position with orders and options. Under-appreciated YES!

-mod

Yes I suspect its too politically sensitive to shout one's commercial attributes too loudly lest they draw fire from the greenies / lefties screaming "ITS A MONOPOLY" and we demand social accountability and responsibility and Westport to Wellington fares for $29 return..opps oh wait, no they can't do that anymore as its proven the route is uneconomic with twin engine two pilot operations even at AIR's allegedly extortionate / monopolistic price.

Suppose they had to hand it over to someone else flying single engine, single pilot operations...those "well informed" lefties probably think single engine / pilot operations are more environmentally friendly and wouldn't have a clue about the extra risk. I suppose you could call that a "win-win"

Thoughts on a special divvy this year Mod ? Apparently is all the rage now to run really high leverage, (just witness QAN's SP), so seeing as AIR is 50/50 debt-equity and they can finance / lease planes at ultra low international interest rates they might as well pay out 100% of earnings this year, yes ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Watching Qantas SP ramp up has been pretty crazy, I haven't been able to make sense of it and have been a bit envious of our maaates across the ditch. I guess that's the price AIR pays for being 50% government owned?

No bother though, it looks like the AIR SP is getting close again to that magical $3.00 mark. Roger, you got a special bottle of something in the fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGekko View Post
    Watching Qantas SP ramp up has been pretty crazy, I haven't been able to make sense of it and have been a bit envious of our maaates across the ditch. I guess that's the price AIR pays for being 50% government owned?

No bother though, it looks like the AIR SP is getting close again to that magical $3.00 mark. Roger, you got a special bottle of something in the fridge?
    No mate, I'm too p@#sed-off about the QAN SP. Even $3.00 won't make me happy now. I won't be happy till the Koru is on top of the Kangaroo tail again. AIR at $4.00 and Qan where it is would see the principals of natural justice well served and keep those underarm bowlers in their rightful place. To think these two shares were duelling for who was on top a couple of months ago...the world is obviously a crazy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    No mate, I'm too p@#sed-off about the QAN SP. Even $3.00 won't make me happy now. I won't be happy till the Koru is on top of the Kangaroo tail again. AIR at $4.00 and Qan where it is would see the principals of natural justice well served and keep those underarm bowlers in their rightful place. To think these two shares were duelling for who was on top a couple of months ago...the world is obviously a crazy place.
    Fair enough, guess i'll be drinking alone then. On the upside, at least you didn't decide on Wednesday you were a bit too heavy on AIR and sell down a small parcel at $2.83 to balance out some other shares.

Dunno who the Plonker who did that was...

Have a good weekend everyone!

Sadly I know another bloody idiot that decided to rebalance his portfolio down to a 10% allocation to AIR very recently...that idiot being me
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-05-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Banned

This is one stock I won't touch to sell... have $3.50 marked. Otherwise have loads of cashout.. including from hnz etc.

Advanced Member

Playing a bit of catch up with Qantas, well due too! Happy holder.