sharetrader
Page 254 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 1542042442502512522532542552562572582643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

It's that pesky bearish bat that I mentioned months ago ($3.00 area would provide a lot of resistance)

Shouldn't worry long-termers though, it's just the wiggly lines telling fibs

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    It's that pesky bearish bat that I mentioned months ago ($3.00 area would provide a lot of resistance)

Squiggly Xerof, not wiggly

Guru

Nice pun Xerof...

Yeah.. Squiggly not wiggly...

Reference...Posted 15th February 2015 Post #2256
    Hoop, a quick glance (as usual) at your chart throws out an almost textbook bearish bat formation nearly completed. Gut instinct (only) suggests it's a sell around $3

Ah squiggly, yes of course

Welcome back Hoop, you have been missed, and I had given up on seeing a return

Advanced Member

Winner69 - $10 I'd be surprised at that?!

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Winner69 - $10 I'd be surprised at that?!
    Just going by what ft.com says (and they seem consistent with what a Findata chart looks like)

Remember there was massive increase in the number of shares at bail out time in 2001/02 (and existing shareholder dilution)

Good story though but totally irrelevant to what is happening today (but a reminder things can turn to custard pretty quick in the airline business)
    Last edited by winner69; 03-06-2015 at 08:30 PM.

I think there was a five for one share split or share issue, something like that. I'm not too sure it ever was $15 its just that historical charts that go back that far are representing the pre share split / share issue matter around the time of the recapitalisation, (I could be wrong, just going off memory). But W69 is quite right if you can find charts that go back to that time, I found one today, they show on an adjusted split / recap basis the price was $15 at one stage.

Might have to wait for a couple of years to get back there

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think there was a five for one share split or share issue, something like that. I'm not too sure it ever was $15 its just that historical charts that go back that far are representing the pre share split / share issue matter around the time of the recapitalisation, (I could be wrong, just going off memory). But W69 is quite right if you can find charts that go back to that time, I found one today, they show on an adjusted split / recap basis the price was $15 at one stage.

Might have to wait for a couple of years to get back there
    Highest ever was $16.22 (adjusted for splits and all that) in January 1994 (ft.com)

I think there were A and B shares at one time. Can't recall what the difference was.

Yes but I can't remember either.

Had a look back at the news items around the time of the re-cap. Govt bought in in the mid 20 cents per share range. Some would have us believe the Government is better off not investing in and protecting the national interest by supporting AIR at that time. Returns haven't been too shabby have they !!

Guru

Overseas residents could only own B shares.

New Zealanders could own both.