sharetrader
Page 256 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 1562062462522532542552562572582592602663063567561256 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 20194

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Its nice to see you posting again mate.

I think the current $2.78 price is a good opportunity for anyone thinking of topping up, (as part of a well diversified portfolio).
    And AIR's SP picks up. The Roger effect eh? I think its got a bit more to dip personally so will be holding off but will be looking to pick up a few more next week if it carries on south.

El Toro~

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGekko View Post
    And AIR's SP picks up. The Roger effect eh? I think its got a bit more to dip personally so will be holding off but will be looking to pick up a few more next week if it carries on south.

OPEC announcement tonight, expecting to continue oversupply, should see oil down over the weekend, I see upside on Monday morning, personally I'd be buying on weakness

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGekko View Post
    Dunno about the Roger effect mate but i'll be with you next week buying if it head's a bit further south. If we team tag this bird it must head higher, right

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    OPEC announcement tonight, expecting to continue oversupply, should see oil down over the weekend, I see upside on Monday morning, personally I'd be buying on weakness
    I guess we will see who is right soon enough, but for me things are not as rosy as they were a few months ago, with my watchlist having a lot more red in it than even 2 weeks ago. So with that in mind i'm happy for my spare cash to sit on the sideline waiting patiently for the right opportunity. As you mentioned it, I think oil savings are pretty well baked into the SP by now and the savings have been pretty well baked into flight prices also.

I'll be topping up in the dips (I last did around $2.67) - I just think it has a bit further to dip before I do so.

Have a great weekend all!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Dunno about the Roger effect mate but i'll be with you next week buying if it head's a bit further south. If we team tag this bird it must head higher, right
    Haha, I am not sure my pennies have that much effect on the market - but we can sure try.

Investor

[COLOR=#454240 !important]From CNBC "Crude oil options sank at the fastest pace in years on Friday after OPEC decided to keep pumping crude at record rates, prompting traders to unwind bets they had placed ahead of the group's meeting to protect against possible wild fluctuations in futures prices."

it might be good start next week...got my parcel filled on Friday at $2.80, too good to miss out especially close the full year results and possible special divvy to mark 75 years, eh Roger ��
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    [COLOR=#454240 !important]From CNBC "Crude oil options sank at the fastest pace in years on Friday after OPEC decided to keep pumping crude at record rates, prompting traders to unwind bets they had placed ahead of the group's meeting to protect against possible wild fluctuations in futures prices."

it might be good start next week...got my parcel filled on Friday at $2.80, too good to miss out especially close the full year results and possible special divvy to mark 75 years, eh Roger ��
    [/COLOR]
    Based on this... anyone else thinking of also topping up (or buying) Qantas which has closed at almost 30cps lower than its week high? I was thinking of it before this news.

Membaa

AIR has had an amazing run since Jul 2012. Just consider what you're asking from it by buying at these prices. The monthly price chart suggests that an investor putting new money on the table now is prepared to risk their capital for a breakout of the June 2007 high. It may be a wise decision to ponder further why the price capitulated at $3.00 and where it might go to in th near term, before AIR takes on the challenge of an 8 year move above historical highs. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    Based on this... anyone else thinking of also topping up (or buying) Qantas which has closed at almost 30cps lower than its week high? I was thinking of it before this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    AIR has had an amazing run since Jul 2012. Just consider what you're asking from it by buying at these prices. The monthly price chart suggests that an investor putting new money on the table now is prepared to risk their capital for a breakout of the June 2007 high. It may be a wise decision to ponder further why the price capitulated at $3.00 and where it might go to in th near term, before AIR takes on the challenge of an 8 year move above historical highs. Just saying.
    I'm a fond believer in fundamentals and those fundamentals have correlated pretty well historically with an average PE of 11ish and I'd say that is with a safety factor (safety factor may sound strange, I'm set in my engineering ways and I'll never change ) forward earnings are looking good, so when looking at the chart I could make a lot of assumptions about moving averages, resistance levels and patterns. However if they post annual EPS levels of above 30 cps which I think is likely. I don't want to be looking back from the sidelines at the missed opportunity. Plus great dividend, plus great company, plus I'd have a look into these figures and not trust me, plus all that jazz.

Sam

El Toro~

Having flown AIR to Shanghai last month it once again reassured they are the absolute standout airliner, their service is first class and the operate in a very professional manner. Currently only hold a small parcel but have been topping up on retractions. Future is looking bright, strong growth in North/South American routes, forward curve for crude remaining below the LT average and management actively seeking promising opportunities.