sharetrader
Page 279 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 1792292692752762772782792802812822832893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 20192

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The $520m normalised EBIT seems lower than Rogers expectations?
    Don't think so, Roger can confirm that. All I know is that they've done $216M for the first half, so for full year they're more than doubling, gotta be good.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Don't think so, Roger can confirm that. All I know is that they've done $216M for the first half, so for full year they're more than doubling, gotta be good.
    Whatever its a lot of money

No wonder other airlines want a share and coming in to make it harder for AIR

Government should never have sold down should they .... but some of Billa nd Johns mates are happy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The $520m normalised EBIT seems lower than Rogers expectations?
    No, Craigs as I stated the other day did some very high quality research with which I fully concur. They have proved to be pretty much on the money with normalised profit expectation of $544m before tax.
    Company range of $520-$530m looks highly satisfactory to me. Should give EPS after tax of circa 34 cps. Craigs have 2016 EPS at 38 cps and the company just confirmed profit growth expectations for 2016.
    Load factor down a little in May partly as a result of larger capacity aircraft 787-9's replacing 767's on some Asian routes.

In one week, (commencement of FY16), the company starts using what is ostensibly unhedged cheap fuel...cheap in as much as the barrel of Brent is still circa $64 and the company has good FX cover.

Craigs recently reiterated BUY with a $3.30 price target. I think that a fair call although I'd probably rate it a STRONG BUY. Was a COMPELLING BUY the other day at $2.41 when a few weak holders got their panties in a bunch over some old worn out Q300's that Qantas can't sell. Very pleased indeed to have secured a top-up to my holding at that price.

Normalised operating profit before tax at $525m would represent a 47% increase on 2014's figure of $357m.

SB9 - Quite correct mate, $216m for 1H FY15 and circa $309m for 2H FY15 is an outstanding result and even better the company guided higher for FY16 !!!

An extremely well managed business trading on very undemanding fundamental's that's well positioned to enjoy the boost in tourism that a lower dollar will provide. BUY.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-06-2015 at 05:24 PM.

I see our old mate Ewan Wilson is proposing to reincarnate himself back into the N.Z. aviation scene with a single old turboprop aircraft flying unproven routes targeting students.
    The likelihood of success, slim to none, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I see our old mate Ewan Wilson is proposing to reincarnate himself back into the N.Z. aviation scene with a single old turboprop aircraft flying unproven routes targeting students.
    Queenstown ---->>>> Dunedin ----->>>> Nelson ---->>>>> Hamilton and back in a day seems a nice jaunt

Target obviously not just students

Queenstown ---->>>> Dunedin ----->>>> Nelson ---->>>>> Hamilton and back in a day seems a nice jaunt

Target obviously not just students
    Okay..lets say it includes retired old biddies with nothing better to do plus the odd businessman going AWOL with the company credit card and the occasional tourist that wants to take a slow boat from Queenstown to Nelson I don't think Ewan realises that we southerners born and bred, (even though some of us with tough Scottish ancestry now reside in much hated Auckland according to our friend KW), just prefer to drive ourselves from Dunedin to Queenstown. I think its time Ewan got himself a proper job...one that doesn't involve destroying million of dollars of his investors money but I suspect a proper airline simply wouldn't hire him. What's he been doing all these years anyway ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-06-2015 at 09:38 AM.

The guy is a joke. I don't know who would take him seriously in the aviation world [insert misinformed exception].

Maybe he will last more than a year this time, but I would happily bet against that. The first headline that comes up after googling Ewen Wilson is all you need to know about him. In fact, only the first 3 words - "Failed airline entrepreneur".

Guru

The word up our way is that Ewan reckons this time around his airline will keep well out of AirNZ's way. He learn't his lesson with Kiwi Air about competing head on with a giant..His business plan is to not compete with AirNZ therefore AirNZ won't see his airline as a threat and destroy his airlines profit margins...Theory has it that this strategy may work Roger as with any small new entrant the most successful way into a pond dominated by one very big fish and a couple of medium size chappies is to find a small dark comfy niche and keep well out of sight..

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    The guy is a joke. I don't know who would take him seriously in the aviation world [insert misinformed exception].

Maybe he will last more than a year this time, but I would happily bet against that. The first headline that comes up after googling Ewen Wilson is all you need to know about him. In fact, only the first 3 words - "Failed airline entrepreneur".
    While you at at it you may as add convicted fraudster

Should give EPS after tax of circa 34 cps.
    So a current P/E of just under 8... enough said.