sharetrader
Page 342 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2422923323383393403413423433443453463523924428421342 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

In reality they are as old as the Singapore A380's on average.

Welcome back Winner. You must have got one of the last remaining 777-200's that haven't been refurbished.
    Singapore run a very good operation with their A380's and have the widest seats in the industry and the least number of seats on an A380 of any of the carriers so there's no question that there's plenty of room for passengers on board and their service is second to none. That said they're consistently one of the most expensive carriers to Europe so there's no free lunch on offer there, so too speak.

The ASM on Wednesday could be interesting. Might be fun to ask the chairman if he thinks AIR have learned anything from their Hawaii fiasco last year or if there's still more lessons to be learned

P.S. Just got an earlybird U.K. and Europe sale from AIR for next year. $999 economy each way isn't too bad in terms of price. Singapore probably close to double that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2015 at 09:26 AM.

Investor

Are you going to the ASM Roger, appreciate your insight if you're there on that day.

Roger, not that I know much about planes but the AKL-Singapore one was a B772 - a refurb I believe but boy was it noisy and ratted and creaked

And the service was not second to none.

Good news for shareholders if my impressions are correct - AIR squeezing every dollar they can out of punters and I would say a careful balance between passenger 'expectations' and actual delivery (ie just give them enough but not much more)

Heck $999 pretty good price - but I thought you fly premium/business.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

lol Roger flies Jetstar if they are cheaper ; you've missed a few coming out threads w69

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    lol Roger flies Jetstar if they are cheaper ; you've missed a few coming out threads w69
    LOL Once a year humility pill, you should try it, it does wonders for the soul to see how the other half have to live.

Winner - All planes vibrate a bit when they get older. You should try flying a 30 year old Cessna I can't bring myself to pay for business class but its very nice if someone else is picking up the tab.

Sb9 - Yep mate, planning on going and happy to share any info I glean.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

The ASM on Wednesday could be interesting. Might be fun to ask the chairman if he thinks AIR have learned anything from their Hawaii fiasco last year or if there's still more lessons to be learned.
    My understanding is the responsibility for dealing with passengers on cancelled flights is outsourced to the ground handling contractor. I further understand the payment made to the contractor for this is a fixed annual fee, motivating the contractor to do as little as they can get away with so as to trouser as much of the fee as they can.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 05-10-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Outsourcing of heavy maintenance on those engines might be an issue too. I think its better to control as many aspects of your business as you can. Outsourcing always has the potential to come back and bite you in the backside. I'll direct my question to Tony Carter to see if he's happy with those aspects of the airlines operational performance. He'll be the one with the sore buttocks at present
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-10-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    My understanding is the responsibility for dealing with passengers on cancelled flights is outsourced to the ground handling contractor. I further understand the payment made to the contractor for this is a fixed annual fee, motivating the contractor to do as little as they can get away with so as to trouser as much of the fee as they can.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Couple of years ago we got held up a day in HK on Air NZ because of a mechanical on the inbound plane. The ground staff were distinctly unhelpful, and certainly the impression that contractors dressed in Air NZ uniforms. The big difference in this case very little accommodation in HK and people had to sleep in the airport, hence getting in the news.

As an aside, we gave the ground staff heaps. We got us transferred onto Cathay, which they hate doing as costs them. Came into Chch from Sydney on Qantas, snow closed airport behind us. No rental cars, roads closed.

Airport reopened mid evening and just got ourselves onto the last ATR flight of the day. Thought no way going to get out of Chch but they did and apologised for the late arrival into Dunedin. Just about kissed the hostess!
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 05-10-2015 at 10:36 PM.

I totally concur...I travel a bit...how Air nz gets accolades bets me...a bloke I know who worked for them once stated that management et al were like a govt department...slow clumsy and arrogant...