sharetrader
Page 359 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2593093493553563573583593603613623633694094598591359 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    It appears that American Airlines could announce their Auckland route sooner than expected - http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....o-new-zealand/

I previously thought they would announce this late-2015 - early-2016 but now we could see an announcement of this new competition in a matter of weeks rather than months.
    From what I have heard, there have been some discussions with AIA regarding slots for a LAX-AKL service by AA, so things are progressing.

LAX however is not a major hub for AA, so UA and AIR have a massive advantage in terms of connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    From what I have heard, there have been some discussions with AIA regarding slots for a LAX-AKL service by AA, so things are progressing.

LAX however is not a major hub for AA, so UA and AIR have a massive advantage in terms of connectivity.
    Given that AIR announced Buenos Aires 12 months in advance and Houston about 8 months ahead of commencement, how soon could AA start flying to NZ? I guess it's going to be at least 6 months.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Eleven years of consistency

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    {posted 20-Sep-2004} rmbbrave, you would be a braver person than I to risk your money on Air New Zealand.
    {posted 22-Sep-2004} I have said it before and I will say it again [in differt words].

Playing with Air New Zealand stocks is for the brave and the foolhardy only. The risks are high and the rewards low.
    It is actually worth reading the first few years of posts on this thread, you can ignore the ramblings of the Tiger if you wish.

But hopefully, maybe this time it really is different.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 13-10-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    om mani peme hum

It is actually worth reading the first few years of posts on this thread, you can ignore the ramblings of the Tiger if you wish.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    The share price looks like it was higher than today way back then (completely unadjusted off course ) - at least on the Findata chart

Saved yourself money and grief over last 10 years?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Good call back then - The share price looks like it was higher than today way back then (completely unadjusted off course ) - at least on the Findata chart

Saved yourself money and grief over last 10 years?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    On a personal level I could prove you wrong about the low rewards bit during my involvement with Air over the last couple of years.

According to Craigs the average shareholder return over the last 10 years for AIR has been a compounding annual return of 12.5%. Those who have taken the ride on AIR for the long haul have done very nicely indeed. I believe gross dividends including special(s) will be at that level on average over the next few years and capital gains will be on top of that. All aboard before we depart FL275.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    According to Craigs the average shareholder return over the last 10 years for AIR has been a compounding annual return of 12.5%. Those who have taken the ride on AIR for the long haul have done very nicely indeed. I believe gross dividends including special(s) will be at that level on average over the next few years and capital gains will be on top of that. All aboard before we depart FL275.
    Yep and I don't hear the Govt complaining about their returns neither.

Banned

In August 2012, AIR NZ's annual report predicted 2013 EPS would double. On that, the share price went from 90c to $1.09 over two days and to my entry point of 1.24 a few days later.

Buyers had to ignore the entrenched herd belief that airlines are a bad investment, and the pain of paying 20% more than the price two days prior.

Some Sharetraders did (see p48). Since then they've had 42 c divs (net of 28% tax).

Take that off the purchase price of say $1.09, add back say 10c interest [$1.09*3% net interest, compounded for three years], and they have more than tripled their investment.
    So far.

Lessons for me were:
    1) act quickly
    2) the herd is sometimes wrong.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Numbers are wonderful - pick your sweet spot

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Done a quick check and here are my calculations for 10 year annualised returns with dividends to 12-Oct:

2005-2015: 13.0%
    2004-2014: 5.4%
    2003-2013: -1.6%
    2002-2012: -3.5%
    2001-2011: 0.5%

we will ignore the
    2000-2010: -14.4%
    1999-2009: -17.5%
    because that was different

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

PS: