sharetrader
Page 365 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2653153553613623633643653663673683693754154658651365 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Just back from a trip to Europe. Used Air NZ and star alliance partners Virgin Atlantic, BA, Air Canada, and Portugese National Carrier (whose name escapes me)

For what it's worth, my impressions..

Overall I didn't think the Air NZ Service and Product particularly stood out. I'd say adequate rather than exceptional - the new Lounge at Tom Bradley in LA is very nice, although it is a star alliance lounge rather than an Air NZ one. All of the Air NZ long haul flights seemed to be full as far as I could see, although was a bit disappointed that the LA to Auckland sector NZ5 was still operating on a 777-200 rather than 300 and the plane seemed pretty tired fitout wise, the entertainment system was out of the arc when compared with the 777-300 ones

Anyway, I'm still holding and very pleased with the share price and dividends that are flowing - just think that AIR needs to lift its game a bit if it wants to continue to charge premium fares.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Just back from a trip to Europe. Used Air NZ and star alliance partners Virgin Atlantic, BA, Air Canada, and Portugese National Carrier (whose name escapes me)

For what it's worth, my impressions..

Overall I didn't think the Air NZ Service and Product particularly stood out. I'd say adequate rather than exceptional - the new Lounge at Tom Bradley in LA is very nice, although it is a star alliance lounge rather than an Air NZ one. All of the Air NZ long haul flights seemed to be full as far as I could see, although was a bit disappointed that the LA to Auckland sector NZ5 was still operating on a 777-200 rather than 300 and the plane seemed pretty tired fitout wise, the entertainment system was out of the arc when compared with the 777-300 ones

Anyway, I'm still holding and very pleased with the share price and dividends that are flowing - just think that AIR needs to lift its game a bit if it wants to continue to charge premium fares.
    Poet, comments almost mirror my recent experiences

Had fun on a dinger of a 777-200. Creaky old hing and entertainment system slightly munted but best bit was pissing of the guy next to me when my overhead light brightly lit up his seat and left me in the dark. Did it a few times.

Shareholders shouldn't worry. AIR doing a good job in squeezing every dollar out of every passenger with a careful balance between customer experience and cost efficiencies.

It's all about perception ....perception AIR brillant and better than most, reality not te case.

But as long as the hye and marketing does its thing shareholders will be duly rewarded
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think you guys were a little unlucky getting some of the last flights on the 777-200's before they're refurbished. C.L. mentioned at the recent annual meeting that the refurbishment programme on those planes would be complete by December 2015. All planes across the international fleet are being fitted out to the current modern standard so the customer has a consistent quality experience. Notice I didn't say a gold standard experience as really ten abreast on a 777 is a pretty tight fit in terms of shoulder space. The seating has been designed for optimum efficiency and a reasonable standard of comfort. The accountant and shareholder in me is very pleased with how efficiently they're kitting out their planes.
    Unfortunately the tighter seating standards are becoming the norm right across the industry. Best you can hope for is the bigger windows, lower cabin altitude and fancy lighting of the new Dreamliner to give the illusion of space and comfort or ante-up for business class.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2015 at 01:56 PM.

[QUOTE=Roger;594343]No argument from me mate. I'm on record with the (outrageous as it may sound) prediction that AIR is a $5+ stock in a few years and with gross divvies incl special(s) we're being paid extremely handsomely to wait.

Doesn't sound outrageous to me Roger. It has nearly tripled in value in the last 3 years and its medium term future looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    Doesn't sound outrageous to me Roger. It has nearly tripled in value in the last 3 years and its medium term future looks fantastic.
    Well said mate.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I think you guys were a little unlucky getting some of the last flights on the 777-200's before they're refurbished. C.L. mentioned at the recent annual meeting that the refurbishment programme on those planes would be complete by December 2015. All planes across the international fleet are being fitted out to the current modern standard so the customer has a consistent quality experience. Notice I didn't say a gold standard experience as really ten abreast on a 777 is a pretty tight fit in terms of shoulder space. The seating has been designed for optimum efficiency and a reasonable standard of comfort. The accountant and shareholder in me is very pleased with how efficiently they're kitting out their planes.
    Unfortunately the tighter seating standards are becoming the norm right across the industry. Best you can hope for is the bigger windows, lower cabin altitude and fancy lighting of the new Dreamliner to give the illusion of space and comfort or ante-up for business class.
    Can only repeat my experience of a few months ago..

Outward to Tokyo.. Less than half full

Inward a month later .. Approx half full..

Great service.. Two different aircraft..

With more competition on the horizon..

Not convinced ..

Disc. Not a holder..

Aircraft loadings right across the fleet have consistently averaged in the low 80% range, month in and month out, including the months you travelled this year. This has been confirmed by the company's monthly operating stat's released to the NZX. Naturally there will be the odd flight here and there that may be short of the average and some that are well over the average and / or fully booked. Good to hear you enjoyed good service and thanks for choosing to fly with AIR N.Z.

The company is extremely bullish about its current year financial performance and quite clearly they're best positioned to be well aware of the most recent quarter's financial performance to 30 September 2015 and current forward bookings. With increasing consumer confidence I an very confident that shareholders and their airline are extremely well positioned

Hope you all enjoyed the strong SP uplift this week folks 15.5 cents. Don't spend it all at once
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Unfortunately the tighter seating standards are becoming the norm right across the industry. Best you can hope for is the bigger windows, lower cabin altitude and fancy lighting of the new Dream liner to give the illusion of space and comfort or ante-up for business class.
    Certainly cant disagree with their SP rise --but disagree with your seating standards comments --Some are providing roomier layouts and far more comfort--With all due respect ,if they rely to much on their accountants,it could come back to bite them in the future--who wants to fly in a cramped plane while still paying big money if they dont have to?---Who would have thought MAL would beat Air NZ hands down for comfort (service was fine as well) They have obviously managed to get the cash flowing and share holders are definitely benefiting,but lets not fool ourselves that their comfort and service is par with some of the better airlines(still think cramming so many seats on the dream liners is a bit cheapskate and may catch up to them.

(I wouldnt worry about looking bad compared to the American airlines though--lousy)

Disc-Ive found alot of flights in general are pretty full--I think its a good time for airlines in general ATM
    Last edited by skid; 17-10-2015 at 11:28 AM.

When I flew London to Hong Kong on virgin Dreamliner a passenger who was a 'know all' on all things aviation said that virgin used to fly 316 passengers in a a340-600 on this route but the Dreamliner only carries 264.

Quite a drop in capacity for one of their milk run routes

does AIR have reduced capacity on the routes they are now using Dreamliners?

I see AIR squeeze 300 plus on to a Dreamliner - accountants at work?

Dreamliner over hyped in my opinion. Didn't seem much more comfortable than any other plans (the AIR dungers excepted) and hate the artificial night time thing when its 3pm outside. Suppose keep the passengers asleep they require less attention.

That know all also told me that Virgin Atlantic have one of the lowest toilets to passengers ratio

Their accountants are better

See you learn something every day
    Last edited by winner69; 17-10-2015 at 12:05 PM.