sharetrader
Page 370 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 2703203603663673683693703713723733743804204708701370 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 20191

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I believe our friend believes in the Joshua 1:9 principle of investing. His courage is in many ways very admirable. He will get a mammoth payday when this company's excellence is finally understood by the market.

The other thing is if people's income is significantly above the average and their living costs significantly below the average they're in a far better position to withstand the turbulence that comes from a less diversified portfolio. Just saying
    You been reading The Bible mate, good on you

Mark 7:14-23 is a good piece from The Bible which has some relevance to recent postings on this thread

Glad that the phrase on a wing and a prayer doesn't apply to Air NZ

Heck AIR share price jet propelled at the moment eh
    Last edited by winner69; 21-10-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

http://www.tourismnewzealand.com/new...isitor-demand/

Some interesting points in there including :- Tourism growth is nearly 8% per annum, (well above the 5% Boeing are projecting for world-wide passenger growth) and 80% of their marketing spend is pushing shoulder season travel and marketing travel to N.Z. for wealthy travellers. Now at 3m visitors per annum and they're projecting 4 million per annum within 4 years !! Just as well AIR is investing in all those new planes, international and domestic

I was in Taupo a couple of weeks ago and looked at the crystal clear clarity and pureness of the water as it flowed out of the lake and into the Waikato river. Just the same as I remember it as a kid when we used to go on holiday there 45 years ago. I doubt you'd see more crystal clear water flowing into a river anywhere else in the world. Its the same at Queenstown. There are very sound reasons tourists are coming here in droves.

Thanks for the encouragement Winner, good passage that one
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-10-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Doesn't it annoy you when you post something and then find is already out of date...unless its good news
    http://www.stats.govt.nz/browse_for_...n_MRSep15.aspx Latest stat's out today no doubt fuelling THL and AIR's SP advance for the day.
    Visitor arrivals for the year to September 2015 are up 9% and for the month of September 2015 up a whopping 12% on last year ! Kiwi's are travelling abroad in great numbers too and net migration is very strong. Suppose all those extra 60,000 plus migrants will want to visit every corner of the country as well as have their relatives fly over and stay and I guess they'll also want to fly back to their motherland from time to time too.
    Looks like AIR N.Z's management's optimism for the future is very soundly based.

Investor

Agree Roger, pretty impressive numbers those tourist figures.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You been reading The Bible mate, good on you

Mark 7:14-23 is a good piece from The Bible which has some relevance to recent postings on this thread

Glad that the phrase on a wing and a prayer doesn't apply to Air NZ

Heck AIR share price jet propelled at the moment eh
    Oh great, bible quotes! Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
    Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    [url]

Thanks for the encouragement Winner, good passage that one
    Yes I remember Mark 7:14-23 well.

My mum made me read it everytime she caught me calling my brothers or mates names ......she said son it's all about the pot calling the kettle black

Do you think AIR painting some of their planes a bit differently a good marketing ploy. NZ1 looked impressive taking off from Heathrow

A plane spotters favourite is NZ1 I'm told
    Last edited by winner69; 21-10-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Investor

Can we pls not distract from AIR thread.

One of my colleague's partner is leaving by one of those AIR flight flown by All Blacks Tours along with the Beaver tonight for semis and finals.

Really strong close at 290 .....everybody keen as mustard to buy. Afraid of missing out?

That 3 bucks by Friday likely ....but by end of the month will do

Yep I see $3 by the end of the week, everyone scrambling it seems

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I seem to recall you bought Chorus because it had a nice divvy etc and then something happened.
    Now you have far too high a percentage of your portfolio in AIR than is sensible.

Just saying

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Very unhealthy in Shah Alam
    Outrageously sensible comes to mind, portfolio only minus 10% now, was minus 19% a few weeks ago, thanks Air NZ
    Last edited by couta1; 21-10-2015 at 05:49 PM.