sharetrader
Page 385 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2853353753813823833843853863873883893954354858851385 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    What would you expect from a 30 year old plane that has been owned by several airlines?
    i would expect that the ticket better be alot cheaper

S
    Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    From what I can see AIR has only 5 767s but this would have been a very different news item if the plane had been in the air

[url]http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/29/dynamic-airways-plane-caught-fire-on-runway-faa.html[/url

This was a 767 -200 and AIR have 767-300s so it may not be an issue at all if they are different beasts
    And Air NZ's 767's don't have Pratt & Whitney engines
    Last edited by biker; 03-11-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    S

That must be the difference to the 767-200 to 767-300...problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    S

And further, they're starting to retire the 767-300's from March 2016. Unlike some airlines, AIR don't run planes that are of an age where they belong in MOTAT.

Average age of AIR's fleet is only 7.5 years, one of the most modern fuel efficient fleet's in the world.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-11-2015 at 10:07 AM.

It doesn't matter the age of the aircraft if it's maintained correctly.

Guru

Opened up 1 to 285...I would've thought yesterdays sell off was an over done considering the views by some on ST that AIR is fundamentally well under-priced....Mr Market had last night to think about yesterdays action and so far today considers AIR should still be correcting after its steep rally of +20% within the last month.

No major technical shifts... short term has fired sell signals and very close to medium term signaling....My discipline (medium term --default) says hold so I'm still holding...
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-11-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The plane suffered a sudden calamity and broke up in the air sounds way too extreme for a mechanical or technical fault with the pilot having no time to send out a distress call, this one has sabotage written all over it.
    These comments from the planes owner certainly point to an attack. Sadly it will be difficult to have any faith in any reports that will come out of Putin's Russia, the guy tried all he could to stop the investigation into the Malaysian Airlines flight shot down over Ukraine last year. https://www.rt.com/news/320469-sinai...ner-statement/

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    It doesn't matter the age of the aircraft if it's maintained correctly.
    Airframes, systems, wiring, engines..all sorts of things gradually deteriorate over time...its the same with boats and trust me I know how bad maintenance on older boats can get. AIR's depreciation policy is to write down the value of aircraft on a straight line basis over 18 years. Generally after that time frame they consider the planes either uneconomic to reliably and efficiently work, (advances in technology and efficiency of newer planes) with or simply unfeasible, (to difficult to keep them operationally reliable and airworthy).

Would you buy your child a 30 year old car with no modern safety systems like air bags, crumple zones, ABS brakes, dynamic stability control e.t.c ? and yet some people are putting their kids in an old 30 year relic Saab 340 and flying them around New Zealand. Civil aviation has given its approval and says its okay so it must be right, really ?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    These comments from the planes owner certainly point to an attack. Sadly it will be difficult to have any faith in any reports that will come out of Putin's Russia, the guy tried all he could to stop the investigation into the Malaysian Airlines flight shot down over Ukraine last year. https://www.rt.com/news/320469-sinai...ner-statement/
    I hesitate to point this out but I think its somewhat ironic that a Russian owned airline has apparently taken a terrorist hit. The principle's of natural justice playing themselves out perhaps...

Winner69 I reckon "Trip to Paris" is the omen bet for AIR shareholders in the Melbourne cup and its the second favourite. Even if you lose then go and book one on AIR for $999 each way for shoulder season in 2016 and you're still a Winner A brave man would bet $2K on the place at about $2.30 and try and get a Trip to Paris for free
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-11-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Investor

Banned

Remember Roger winner69 will be flying the coop if the share price goes below $2.82( He will be keeping one eye on the market while studying his Melbourne cup prospects)
    Last edited by couta1; 03-11-2015 at 11:57 AM.