sharetrader
Page 387 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2873373773833843853863873883893903913974374878871387 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Relatively light volume, nothing to panic just profit takers. Should be back up soon, and it'll propel much higher when that happens.
    Less than a third of the normal average daily volume in fact, so that gives you a clue to who's selling ie No one with a decent sized holding

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Are you still in Hoop or have you decided to profit take?--..always an education getting your views..
    See post #3871.

Fait bit of profit taking in SKL today on light volume too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

Winner69 I reckon "Trip to Paris" is the omen bet for AIR shareholders in the Melbourne cup and its the second favourite. Even if you lose then go and book one on AIR for $999 each way for shoulder season in 2016 and you're still a Winner A brave man would bet $2K on the place at about $2.30 and try and get a Trip to Paris for free
    Trip to Cornwall was actually the correct answer

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    See post #3871.

Fait bit of profit taking in SKL today on light volume too.
    SP is 4c lower than post#3871

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    Trip to Cornwall was actually the correct answer
    And I had a pub lunch there a month ago .....that should have been the omen eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And I had a pub lunch there a month ago .....that should have been the omen eh
    But have you sold winner? You dropped your exit price, and even that was hit today.

Advanced Member

Guru

Are you still in Hoop or have you decided to profit take?--..always an education getting your views..
    Hi Skid..Yes still in
    Short term signals have fired sell signals but I don't use these as I'm not a short term trader...Relying on short term signals when one is a medium/long term investor puts you at a high risk of being whipsawed..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Hi Skid..Yes still in
    Short term signals have fired sell signals but I don't use these as I'm not a short term trader...Relying on short term signals when one is a medium/long term investor puts you at a high risk of being whipsawed..
    So(for educational purposes)when would the medium term signal a sell--- breaking 2.70? (support)--?
    Last edited by skid; 03-11-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Guru

So(for educational purposes)when would the medium term signal a sell--- breaking 2.70? (support)--?
    Some medium term TA indicator signals are triggering off now at 2.80ish..I can't see many indicators as Big charts only has limited amount and Incredible charts does not present todays data (Yahoo) until much later tonight or tomorrow...Unfortunately the Charting signals which I use are late due to the sudden sharp rally and my assumption is that most TA indicators would've fired off sell signals before the EMA signals are triggered..The EMA50, 100, 200 are at 2.70 2.65 2.60 and I really don't want to be still in waiting for these to fire but there is a Chartist quandary at these levels as there are line support areas around these 2.75 to 2.65 levels which combined with the EMA's makes a strong floor and the investing wisdom is to not sell around support areas ....so it seems if AIR price keeps falling there is going to be a TA indicators v TA charting conflict scenario..so life could get complicated...
    In Hindsight there's a good argument to sell out when the shareprice faltered at the 2.95 resistance area......If the share price had happened to break through after selling it's easy enough to just buy in again...

I might think about it tomorrow as it is dangerous ignoring sell signals with cyclical stocks...even more so when they exhibit this topping pattern behaviour.

After all said and done..selling out at 2.80 realising +8% profit in 3/4 weeks is not all bad..
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-11-2015 at 10:48 PM.