sharetrader
Page 390 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2903403803863873883893903913923933944004404908901390 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yeah I think so Couta.I'm putting some faith into AIR that its correction is just a throw back action (A psychological behaviour after a sharp breakout rally)..

AIR was definitely looking like a bear for a few months and recently, after the AGM it broke out of it's bearish mode with the good forecasts from the AIR Management..Investors don't like bears and the AGM comments did not justify a bear scenario just yet so the investors bought in and everyone who wanted in had by the end of October got in and are now satisfied...Now comes the throwback..the lack of volume (momentum) lowers the demand and the price falls back...Its not really traders taking profits that causing the price to drop because the low volume says not many are selling (or buying for that matter)..its that psychological thing.. the investors being satisfied at the moment is the problem...As the price falls due to lack of momentum these satisfied investors may be tempted to start accumulating..it will also tempt others and the price/demand increases again..Seeing this action visually on a chart, the bull/bear line breakout ($2.70/$2.75) is where that support (temptation) should start ..

S&R areas isn't an exact science...maybe the rise off $2.77 could be where the support is..maybe the bottom of the throwback is around this level...maybe a bit lower around $2.70

Now that's my thinking and with it a possible scenario with good chances of happening.. now watch Mr Market make an idiot out of me..(I sell AIR then and break even)

Disc: still holding
    Top post and bang on the money I reckon...especially the temptation to buy more at around $2.75. I got seriously tempted yesterday when it hit $2.78 but thought like a fine wine I'd just let the SP and stock breathe a bit before having another drink
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-11-2015 at 09:43 AM.

Advanced Member

05/11/2015 14:15
    GENERAL
    PRICE SENSITIVE
    REL: 1415 HRS Air New Zealand Limited (NS)
    GENERAL: AIR: Air NZ further invests in regional growth with ATR purchase
    Air New Zealand Chief Executive Officer Christopher Luxon, joined by Prime
    Minister John Key, has today announced the airline will purchase 15 new
    ATR72-600 aircraft to operate its regional services.
    Four of the new aircraft will allow for further growth on regional Air New
    Zealand routes while 11 will replace the airline's ATR72-500 fleet.
    At list prices the 15 new aircraft are collectively valued at $US375 million.
    In 2012 the airline announced it would add to its ATR fleet with an
    investment in 14 ATR72-600 aircraft - seven of these aircraft have since been
    delivered with the remaining seven due to join the fleet by mid-2016.
    The additional 15 new aircraft will begin arriving from late 2016.
    Christopher Luxon says the airline is proud of its commitment to operating
    both a world-leading turboprop fleet and a comprehensive regional network.
    "The extra four 68 seat ATR72-600 that we are adding to our fleet will enable
    us to operate up to an additional 600,000 seats into the New Zealand regional
    market annually. This latest investment will further allow us to maintain
    our low fare price and high frequency leadership," says Mr Luxon.
    "Once these new aircraft arrive we will operate a fleet of 29 ATR aircraft,
    the third largest ATR fleet in the world which is testament to the breadth
    and depth of our regional network."
    In addition to ATR aircraft Air New Zealand also currently operates ten
    19-seat Beech 1900D and 23 50-seat Bombardier Q300 aircraft types.

Virgin Australia Claws Its Way to 1Q Profit -- Market Talk

Posted on 5 November 2015 13:38 | Dow Jones Institutional News
    0038 GMT [Dow Jones] Virgin Australia (VAH.AU) scraped its way to a small A$1.7 million ($1.2 million) profit in it first quarter, as it boosted yields by acquiring more higher-paying corporate customers. The bottom line was also boosted by continued cost cuts and an improved performance from Tigerair after Virgin Australia took full control of the low-cost carrier a little over a year ago. Chief Executive Officer John Borghetti says the airline has achieved a "significant turnaround" in the quarter, and is on track for an annual profit after three years in the red. The result is supporting the company's stock steady in a weaker overall market. Virgin Australia shares were last down 0.5% at A$47.75, outperforming the benchmark S&P/ASX 200, which was down 1.3% and larger peer Qantas Airways (QAN.AU), down 1.6%. (rebecca.thurlow@wsj.com; @beckthurlow)

Default $32.65 per share!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    buy more at around $2.75
    When the price dipped to $2.75 exactly 1 share traded hands -- and I got it. It is by far the most expensive AIR share I've got at $32.65 (including 29.90 brokerage)!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    When the price dipped to $2.75 exactly 1 share traded hands -- and I got it. It is by far the most expensive AIR share I've got at $32.65 (including 29.90 brokerage)!
    Move the rest of the order up to market and you can average your brokerage cost down ....

The Kid

Now we're talking! Lol

Banned

I saw that 1 share on the depth chart the other day and wondered who the lucky person was

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I saw that 1 share on the depth chart the other day and wondered who the lucky person was
    And think about the lucky person who sold that 1 share. How much did they profit by?

IMO

So it was you that saved us ,Onion and looks like you bet Roger to it(hesitation. I hope you win the share tipping comp and the $35 bottle I've donated.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Added a go faster stripe

So more new planes:

A quick look says an ATR72-600 is an ATR72-500 with a slight improvement in some aspects, but is otherwise the same, seating capacity included.

Using the spare cash while things are going great to continue to modernise the fleet and also expand it seems like a good strategy.

Wonder what will happen to those 11 500's?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum