sharetrader
Page 404 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3043543944004014024034044054064074084144545049041404 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Tim - did you see the up turn on the AIR chart yesterday - the signal there was to be a positive announcement today - predictive these charts eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Tim - did you see the up turn on the AIR chart yesterday - the signal there was to be a positive announcement today - predictive these charts eh
    The fact that the announcement was expected 2 days ago had nothing to do with it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Not so, read this announcement from Chris Luxon in the Australian Aviation Magazine of 9 June 2015

"Air New Zealand chief executive Christopher Luxon says the airline’s Boeing 767-300ERs are likely to remain in the fleet longer than what had been initially planned to take advantage of new flying opportunities.

The airline is expected to end 2014/15 with five 767s, with the type projected to be fully withdrawn by the end of 2017/18 according to a slide presentation accompanying the airline’s first half results presented in February.

However, Luxon says the 767s may stick around beyond that to serve the Pacific Islands, Australia and some “fly and flop” outbound NZ destinations.

“It is a real option that we have and we probably will extend them I suspect just a couple more years,” Luxon told reporters on the sidelines of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) annual general meeting in Miami on Monday.

“That’s because at the moment our capacity growth in this last six months of this year is about 12 per cent and all of next year it will be around 11 per cent.

“So we are growing fast and we are growing profitably through creating this demand and then adding the supply and the capacity that we need.”

In addition to maintaining the 767s, Air NZ also had options for six more 787-9s beyond the confirmed order for 12 of the type due for delivery between now and the end of 2018/19.

Luxon said Air NZ’s three 787-9s currently in service had performed better than the airline’s own lofty expectations."

It all comes down to cost-benefit. In these days of cheap fuel the fuel-hungry engines of the 767 don't cost as much to run so despite higher maintenance they still make a profit. I can't imagine for 1 minute that AirNZ would continue to fly them if they made a loss!
    Well predicted mate and I always enjoy reading your insights. The seasonal Vietnam flights using 767-300's is exactly a case in point of what you were talking about yesterday.

Interesting discussion on D check costs on a 767-300, thanks for sharing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Unsurprisingly not much response from the Charters I'm simply believe that share prices are driven by earnings and yields.
    Tim-Im no chartists as I havent put in the hard yards like some,but from where Im sitting a rather crude and simple explanation is that charts measure (not perfectly)crowd mentality(market sentiment) Everyone has a reason why they decide to take the plunge on shares and quite often is follows a pattern that correlates with the group--psychology is not an easy thing to understand -why the majority of people do what they do (which often defies logic) Charts help people to understand that sort of behavior-but as we all know human behavior can do unexpected things so charts are not foolproof--its going with the odds (usually better odds than gut feelings or what our brain sometimes tells us)--Having said that ,from my experience those in the know use both FA an TA--Often FA to identify a share and TA for entering and exiting---I reckon ,in business school there should be a course on the psychology behind market sentiment and charts
    so students learn what is actually behind those squiggly lines-(Im not sure that most put enough value on the psychology's role in business)-I wish I understood it all better--next best thing is knowing who to listen to.
    Those who know more may want to add or correct what Im trying to get across.

Hoop - Mate you don't need to defend your record on here. It speaks for itself and others obviously agree with the amount of rep they've given you.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-11-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    And for us Aus residents, AIR does $949 return sale fare (G class, not grabaseat F class) to LAX/SFO. You get to pay an extra $400 to fly out of AKL, even though the flights from Aus connect there!

I'll never understand how flying an extra 5000km is somehow cheaper, but it sure seems to work for the margins!
    That is a hard one--must be bums on seats -(Oz is where the numbers are) but its still a hard one to wrap your head around(and not be a bit p---ed off)

Gotta say ,Im a bit surprised its Viet Nam (maybe Thailand is a bit ''no go''since Thai is a partner). SE Asia is pretty stiff competition but bring it on--more the better---Hopefully there will be some good specials.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hoop - Mate you don't need to defend your record on here. It speaks for itself and others obviously agree with the amount of rep they've given you.
    It may be a bit of that, but i think that human nature is such that we naturally want to share our knowledge.
    Ive been to 3rd world countries where tuk tuk and taxi drivers or guides can hassle you to no end--but ask them a question about something(even how do i get to XX) and you can see the change come over them.A minute before they were the predator -next minute they are helping you out --I guess ''humanized''is one way to put it. People a naturally helpful deep down.--You can go to some city where people wont give you a look and ask directions and watch the change.---sorry getting a bit off topic(but we are humans first and investors second...

Disc-Not comparing you to a 3rd world taxi driver Hoop--just felt like a bit of a ramp involving my favorite pastimes--human nature and 3rd world countries
    Last edited by skid; 13-11-2015 at 10:08 AM.

This is fun - up 5% in a couple of days after locking previous profits

More to come - what a week

and a really really strong end to the week, always a good sign

almost back to where it was last Friday
    Last edited by winner69; 13-11-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Yes mate those that had the courage to fasten their seatbelt and ignore the turbulence will be feeling pretty good this evening knowing its probably smoother flying conditions from here. Looking forward to a record half year profit in February and a very juicy dividend feed...in the meantime put your feet up, relax and enjoy the flight