sharetrader
Page 405 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 3053553954014024034044054064074084094154555059051405 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Hoop - thanks for the comprehensive answer and saving me all that research! Useful discussion, I just have doubts that a Chart can predict announcements that can materially affect a share price.

Membaa

Does anyone have a recent T20 shareholders report they could share?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Does anyone have a recent T20 shareholders report they could share?
    Not handy but the Crown is no 1!

Guru

Yes a good couple of days .. ...gapped up 10c to $2.82 today above that old sucker rally resistance and strangely still hasn't fired off a buy signal with my old favourite DMI, probably due to the recent lower volume during the up days and huge volume during the down days....so I didn't re-enter....The natives seem restless, the shareprice is all over the place, so whats up Doc?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Yes a good couple of days .. ...gapped up 10c to $2.82 today above that old sucker rally resistance and strangely still hasn't fired off a buy signal with my old favourite DMI, probably due to the recent lower volume during the up days and huge volume during the down days....so I didn't re-enter....The natives seem restless, the shareprice is all over the place, so whats up Doc?
    The natives are suffering "Bi-Polar disorder".
    May pay to overlay your charts with a "Moon phases calendar." ..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes mate those that had the courage to fasten their seatbelt and ignore the turbulence will be feeling pretty good this evening knowing its probably smoother flying conditions from here. Looking forward to a record half year profit in February and a very juicy dividend feed...in the meantime put your feet up, relax and enjoy the flight
    I couldn't help myself yesterday and accumulated another 32%

AIR has a pretty clear strategy in enhancing customer experience. To me that starts at the airport, so the investment in upgrading lounges apart from new planes really completes the package.

The growth in the airpoints scheme has been huge this year retaining customers to continue flying with AIR to access the some perks.

Its also good AIR aligned itself with the hobbit and the AB's - Americans can relate with that and hopefully a bad experience with AA in the past will make them fly with AIR as a first choice.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Hoop - thanks for the comprehensive answer and saving me all that research! Useful discussion, I just have doubts that a Chart can predict announcements that can materially affect a share price.
    Hi Tim...Charts are not perfect predictors and aren't really designed for that.....We Chartists use crystal balls for our predicting

Charts are reasonably good at picking up subtle investor behavioural changes and when it happens at say pre-announcement time it catches the chartist's attention..
    At this stage the Chartist turns detective and tries to sort out if that investor behavioural change is:...
    1....mostly due to possible insider trading (legal onesand illegal ones) and privileged released researched data stuff to clients ...which is a very good signal......
    .....or....
    2....a not so good signal..e.g when the company's shareholders are mostly the "excitable/emotional investor" type that speculates/worries, punts..
    ...and....
    3....sometimes the Market and Chartist alike are taken completely by surprise e.g when TA can't detect anything (there is no investor behavioural change) such as an out of favour companies which are completely leak proof.

You get to know which companies are which (consistent historic behaviour)..so using TA detection with these certain companies around announcement times is usually a good bet

As for AIR...It's difficult for me to understand...It's volatility is its only constant and why should that be?... looking at the shareholder list at least 90% of the shares issued are "managed"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The natives are suffering "Bi-Polar disorder".
    May pay to overlay your charts with a "Moon phases calendar." ..lol.
    Good idea Percy...that "fluid" 10% shareholders could all be lunatics ..present ST member shareholders excluded of course ...

As crazy as it sounds..there was a research paper published a few years back which studied that very subject..even more surprising was the fact that they found a correlation between moon phases and share investing behaviour....go figure

Well Percy, here's the chart..kinda freaky..eh?

Last edited by Hoop; 13-11-2015 at 11:35 PM.

percy

"Many a true word is spoken in jest."
    I have just checked when the next "full moon" is due.
    Looks to be the 25th,26th,and 27th of this month.
    Will watch with interest.
    And yes very freaky...

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    I couldn't help myself yesterday and accumulated another 32%

The growth in the airpoints scheme has been huge this year retaining customers to continue flying with AIR to access the some perks.
    Hi brend. I woulld like to know how much of the growh in Airpoints scheme you refer to is from travelers using AIR. I suggest most of it is from people that actually never fly but get Airpoints from credit cards and FlyBuys !
    A few years ago this became a real issue for AIR as frequent flyers found it very difficult to use their points because so many non frequent flyers were taking up the allocated seats. AIR responded by turning it into Airpoints Dollars which in my view makes it one of the best air rewards scheme in the World. I belong to a few but AIR without a doubt has the best and most easy to use scheme.