sharetrader
Page 413 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 3133634034094104114124134144154164174234635139131413 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Not sure what you mean here Regi; that the s/p is affected by who is or who isn't posting? Perish that thought if so.

And yep winner, history repeats. Share price down 7 cents... bring them back!
    I think it relates to a joke made earlier today where someone suggested that the last time Roger was banned the share price went down and it was likely to happen again today. I'm sure the poster (can't remember who) was fully aware that banning Roger probably has little effect on the SP.

I find the bans a little unfortunate because sometimes banned users don't come back at all, for whatever reason, and we all lose because of that.

I'm fairly pleased with a 7¢ drop today. After the events in Paris, I was expecting that AIR might drop by about twice that amount. More falls might be ahead if there are further attacks though.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ......Not much volume today, pretty low really - probably only the rats and mice shareholders (some of those 15,000 odd who own less than 1,000 shares) moving onto something 'safer'
    I am one of those. Sold half of my AIR shares this morning to lock in some profits and hoping to buy back in later this week at a lower price. The Paris effect, if any, won't be seen here until tomorrow.

Banned

The freedom of speech and data makes for a healthy market and healthy market signals[/QUOTE]

yes, very true Hoop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I am one of those. Sold half of my AIR shares this morning to lock in some profits and hoping to buy back in later this week at a lower price. The Paris effect, if any, won't be seen here until tomorrow.
    Good on you Jantar - making a bob or two but better still coming back for more - definitely not a rat deserting a sinking ship are you.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    The freedom of speech and data makes for a healthy market and healthy market signals
    yes, very true Hoop!![/QUOTE]

There are a number of people who like discussing shares,but are not into "robust" debates.
    Unfortunately for us, they are the ones who are no longer posting on sharetrader.
    The likes of Phaedrus,Sauce and Belgarion are sorely missed.
    Some of the new breed of posters lack simple courtesies and manners.
    Last edited by percy; 16-11-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Jeremy Clarkson's Punchbag

Just finished a contract testing a new aircraft ejector seat.

Apparently Jetstar NZ are fitting one to each of their aircraft on the chance that Roger will fly with them again.

Rumour says that Kiwi Air have bought a one-way Jetstar ticket for Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think we need to wait patiently for them to come back, assuming they bother

U can't PM the 'Banned' ones to if out either
    I was put in the naughty corner for 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wouldn't hold my breath Robomo as he/she will not be able to support his/hers statement. Most frequent flyers of which I am one, will agree Air NZ has a very good scheme that is particularly easy to redeem.
    Hardly. FlyerTalk people tear it apart fairly regularly.Australian Frequent Flyer people are even more scathing. I still use it though.

The whole any seat award thing is good, although I have seen complaints that AIR does not make many (if any) seats available to Alliance redemptions - I don't know if Alliance members actually pay for award seats, so that could be an effective cost control measure (which to me as a shareholder, can only be a good thing!)

Regardless, they still make Airline of the Year fairly regularly (good for us!) and when the Aussies are commenting that AIR's results are actually more impressive than QAN's - well, you get the idea

DISC: Holder, looking to accumulate.

Banned

Rog will be with you all shortly to give the shareprice liftoff...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Hardly. FlyerTalk people tear it apart fairly regularly.Australian Frequent Flyer people are even more scathing. I still use it though.

The whole any seat award thing is good, although I have seen complaints that AIR does not make many (if any) seats available to Alliance redemptions - I don't know if Alliance members actually pay for award seats, so that could be an effective cost control measure (which to me as a shareholder, can only be a good thing!)

Regardless, they still make Airline of the Year fairly regularly (good for us!) and when the Aussies are commenting that AIR's results are actually more impressive than QAN's - well, you get the idea

DISC: Holder, looking to accumulate.
    Theres no doubt that cashing in airpoints is a drag --allotted seats are minimal,but its worth to collect them if your flying mostly with the same airline or an affiliate--But choosing an airline specifically for airpoints IMO is pretty much in the realm of businessmen--most go for the best deal--probably a nice little perk for those traveling businessmen but not a game changer.
    The markets have shrugged off Paris so there should be more of a chance of a lift than a drop today-,with most stocks(some airlines have dropped so it will be interesting to see what AIR does)-should be a happy day in general,on the NZX
    Last edited by skid; 17-11-2015 at 08:05 AM.