sharetrader
Page 416 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3163664064124134144154164174184194204264665169161416 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up The island has obviously grown up

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    to bad AIR doesn't fly to Suva ah
    Yes, I was surprised to discover that Fiji has two International Airports !

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

IMO

The s/p doesn't signal strong confidence atp and other brokers have t/p's from $2.80 to $3.03. Anyone got other broker reports?Time will tell re if are they "usually" right or" seldom".Craigs have re 7 Airline stocks ahead of AIR in target prices atm.With oil prices staying low , it certainly helps. Not a high conviction stock for me atp but holding with a good margin of safety atm , price purchasewise.Then theres things like terrorism alerts to worry about, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
    Yeah I think air NZ will have to be helping out Amex here with a cheaper acquisition rate on APD or the like, would be interesting to know the split of the "cost". Qantas are making a bit more of a push on their frequent flyer program in NZ recently, with some billboards, launching travel money, guaranteed earnings on Jetstar flights, 20k CC sign-up bonus through ANZ etc so think this is probably just Air NZ seeking to really lock in that more wealthy >$65kpa demographic into airpoints.
    I'm not 100% convinced that AIR has had to offer anything to Amex to make this offer available, as they have a similar offer available in Australia on VAH (Virgin) and QAN cards (actually a better offer - 50,000 Velocity points is enough for a return Business class reward seat from BNE to MEL, and you actually get 80,000 points with a referral)

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    "flexibility and and responsive to changes in competitive dynamics and AIR successfully filling extra seats it has created"
    A couple of good examples of this below.Announcements coming thick and fast.AIR be nimble AIR be quick.

Read more »
    Read more »
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-11-2015 at 10:11 AM.

The 787-9 is destined to take over the AKL-HNL sector from May 2016. That'll be a welcome change from the 767, allowing higher margin Bus/PE and Skycouch product to be used.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/7...honolulu-route

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    A couple of good examples of this below.Announcements coming thick and fast.AIR be nimble AIR be quick.

Read more »
    Read more »
    So what does that mean? Flight center will promote AIR ahead of other airlines?--Surely they will make all good priced specials for any airline available-(but not include them in ads?)-If not -Ill be looking elsewhere

IMO

This from a retired fund manager might help, skid

"I see FLT as an intermediary between airlines and their customers, and the only intermediary that has the sort of brand resonance and scale that makes it indispensable to the optimal financial operation of airlines.

FLT’s commercial moat lies in it being the best by far in what I call the “business of catching marginal bums”.

No one other organisation can deliver the marginal bums-on-seats that are critically-important to, and the most profitable ones for, airlines, like FLT can with its scale and brand presence."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The 787-9 is destined to take over the AKL-HNL sector from May 2016. That'll be a welcome change from the 767, allowing higher margin Bus/PE and Skycouch product to be used.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/7...honolulu-route
    Sweet, that just became my dream summer holiday for next winter.

Not a single one of Rog's valued AIR shares changed hands and its nearly lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Not a single one of Rog's valued AIR shares changed hands and its nearly lunch time
    You are right. Quite obviously this is a most illiquid share so I recommend you dump all yours and smack the SP down to $2.70.
    Disc: I might know someone trying to get a cheeky top-up at that price
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-11-2015 at 12:12 PM.