sharetrader
Page 417 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 3173674074134144154164174184194204214274675179171417 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    Not a single one of Rog's valued AIR shares changed hands and its nearly lunch time
    I thought ASB was broken.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You are right. Quite obviously this is a most illiquid share so I recommend you dump all yours and smack the SP down to $2.70.
    Disc: I might know someone trying to get a cheeky top-up at that price
    Geez Roger-be careful what you say, only 6c more to go--this thread is starting to make me superstitious (low volume) think everyone must be taking the day off..
    Last edited by skid; 19-11-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Investor

Not a bad finish for the day up a cent, considering that low activity until afternoon. Feel sorry for those that sold in low to mid 270s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    The 787-9 is destined to take over the AKL-HNL sector from May 2016. That'll be a welcome change from the 767, allowing higher margin Bus/PE and Skycouch product to be used.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/7...honolulu-route
    What I find curious is that trying a test booking via my local Air NZ site, I was offered "Seats to suit" (international short haul options/trans tasman) rather than international long haul options. I'm not sure how much demand there will be for paying $1,400 for a return fare to Honolulu with no meal or checked baggage!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Not a bad finish for the day up a cent, considering that low activity until afternoon. Feel sorry for those that sold in low to mid 270s.
    Really??..
    Haven't been looking at the markets today but tonight when looking at the AIR chart there's been rats & mice nibbling away on low activity all day Sb9..... except for one big player(s) who sold out on larger volume and pushed the price down to 273 in the process due to the low liquidity...... that type of selling behaviour I would assume would be someone or (more) wanting to get quickly for reasons unknown...I wouldn't be feeling sorry, I would be asking why....

It doesn't always suggest the seller knows something, it could something as simple as wanting out to buy a house or something..who knows...But technically TA sees today overall as a negative and helped widen the negatives on the TA indicators.....It doesn't make that 281 (up 1c) close look so flash...also as the vwap was 276.14c..and that creates a candlestick with a tail...rat?.....

I'll ask for you...Does anyone know who the seller was??..

Disc: Out of AIR (gasp)
    Last edited by Hoop; 19-11-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    What I find curious is that trying a test booking via my local Air NZ site, I was offered "Seats to suit" (international short haul options/trans tasman) rather than international long haul options. I'm not sure how much demand there will be for paying $1,400 for a return fare to Honolulu with no meal or checked baggage!
    You must be talking about pricing during the school holidays. I had a quick look for next winter, (random dates in June, July, August and Sept) and didn't find it all that difficult to find flights in the mid-late $500 range each way incl baggage which seems reasonable to me. I reckon people looking for any excuse to try AIR's new Dreamliner out would find this an attractive proposition, I know I do
    Keep in mind that AIR have changed the flight time, (some would probably claim somewhat cynically to save themselves meals and drinks costs) to an 8.55 p.m. departure arriving at 7.30 a.m. so taking the meal and drinks options will only get you a light supper, some drinks and breakfast, worth the extra money for that ?, people can decide that for themselves.

In other airline news I see its likely that we'll see domestic bag screening in the wake of increased terrorism threats...makes common sense to me.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Happy for domestic bag screening, always thought the process was pretty lax. There's some bat**** crazy people in NZ.

Guru

Keep in mind that AIR have changed the flight time, (some would probably claim somewhat cynically to save themselves meals and drinks costs) to an 8.55 p.m. departure arriving at 7.30 a.m. so taking the meal and drinks options will only get you a light supper, some drinks and breakfast, worth the extra money for that ?, people can decide that for themselves.
    The flight time is ideal.
    Leave after work and arrive the next day - travelling overnight saves accomodation and adds a day to your holiday - perfect IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    The flight time is ideal.
    Leave after work and arrive the next day - travelling overnight saves accomodation and adds a day to your holiday - perfect IMHO.
    I agree its perfect for those people fortunate enough to be able to sleep on an aircraft. For the rest of us you arrive shattered to a full day of sunshine...fabulous, (not).
    Maybe the meal option is the way to go with several stiff drinks and a sleeping pill or even two
    P.S. I think this is a very cunning plan of AIR's to get people to upgrade to premium economy or the business sleeper seats. Might as well start your five star Hawaiian holiday in the way you intend to carry it on eh
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2015 at 10:20 AM.

You must be talking about pricing during the school holidays. I had a quick look for next winter, (random dates in June, July, August and Sept) and didn't find it all that difficult to find flights in the mid-late $500 range each way incl baggage which seems reasonable to me. I reckon people looking for any excuse to try AIR's new Dreamliner out would find this an attractive proposition, I know I do

In other airline news I see its likely that we'll see domestic bag screening in the wake of increased terrorism threats...makes common sense to me.
    I think kyanar is referring to the Seat/Seat + bag/Works seating options rather than the more usual Econ/PE/Bus seating options that I might expect on an 8 hour flight.

I'd have to agree too. The decision to have "Seats to suit" pricing on some of these longer routes like Honolulu and Bali doesn't quite seem right.

Hopefully AIR know what they're doing.