sharetrader
Page 418 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 3183684084144154164174184194204214224284685189181418 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 20194

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I agree! I've always thought it was way too lax. Now is the time to tighten up on that for sure.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    P.S. I think this is a very cunning plan of AIR's to get people to upgrade to premium economy or the business sleeper seats.
    Given this is a share forum - that sounds like a perfect plan for increased profits.
    Top marks to the company :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I think kyanar is referring to the Seat/Seat + bag/Works seating options rather than the more usual Econ/PE/Bus seating options that I might expect on an 8 hour flight.

I'd have to agree too. The decision to have "Seats to suit" pricing on some of these longer routes like Honolulu and Bali doesn't quite seem right.

Hopefully AIR know what they're doing.
    FYI HNL does have quite a few customers flying for business. Hawaii is a major hub for the satellite and telecommunications industry, and a colleague commutes there regularly to meet with others from throughout North America and Europe. Another firm in the energy industry I'm involved with do some very large scale engineering projects for private companies and the US military. Seats-to-suit works well given the short duration stay.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Really??..
    Haven't been looking at the markets today but tonight when looking at the AIR chart there's been rats & mice nibbling away on low activity all day Sb9..... except for one big player(s) who sold out on larger volume and pushed the price down to 273 in the process due to the low liquidity...... that type of selling behaviour I would assume would be someone or (more) wanting to get quickly for reasons unknown...I wouldn't be feeling sorry, I would be asking why....

It doesn't always suggest the seller knows something, it could something as simple as wanting out to buy a house or something..who knows...But technically TA sees today overall as a negative and helped widen the negatives on the TA indicators.....It doesn't make that 281 (up 1c) close look so flash...also as the vwap was 276.14c..and that creates a candlestick with a tail...rat?.....

I'll ask for you...Does anyone know who the seller was??..

Disc: Out of AIR (gasp)
    Wouldn't have a clue who that mystery seller was.

When I say I felt sorry (for those sold out in low to mid 270s) it was in light of y'day's trading pattern not in general.

I think kyanar is referring to the Seat/Seat + bag/Works seating options rather than the more usual Econ/PE/Bus seating options that I might expect on an 8 hour flight.

I'd have to agree too. The decision to have "Seats to suit" pricing on some of these longer routes like Honolulu and Bali doesn't quite seem right.

Hopefully AIR know what they're doing.
    I'm with you and would naturally expect that AIR would provide meals, drinks and entertainment on longer flights. I guess this is their way of offering a wide range of pricing options or maybe just another cunning way to extract more profits. I don't fly long routes often enough to know of this is a recent change or not but AIR's management team are a very smart and adaptable group of people and if they get significant customer resistance I'm sure they'll adapt their business model as required to optimise their profit, opps I meant to say the politically correct term "enhance the customer experience"

P.S. I hope my friend Couta1 comes back soon. A really honest guy, a nice bloke and a real gentleman. I count myself fortunate to have him as a friend and having met him twice in Wellington I'm looking forward to catching up again ASAP. Don't forget we're going fishing this summer mate, you're invited too Winner. I'll fly down and support our airline at the same time as having a great day out together.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Wouldn't have a clue who that mystery seller was.

When I say I felt sorry (for those sold out in low to mid 270s) it was in light of y'day's trading pattern not in general.
    I assumed that Sb9 ..I'm also assuming yesterday's low was attributed to that major seller so not many people to feel sorry for...
    I can probably blame my longevity in the share market scene in not feeling sorry for many investors especially those looking for a quick buck....especially this guy..A warning for others who play the shorts game
    Last edited by Hoop; 20-11-2015 at 11:31 AM.

I'm with you and would naturally expect that AIR would provide meals, drinks and entertainment on longer flights. I guess this is their way of offering a wide range of pricing options or maybe just another cunning way to extract more profits. I don't fly long routes often enough to know of this is a recent change or not but AIR's management team are a very smart and adaptable group of people and if they get significant customer resistance I'm sure they'll adapt their business model as required to optimise their profit, opps I meant to say the politically correct term "enhance the customer experience"

P.S. I hope my friend Couta1 comes back soon. A really honest guy, a nice bloke and a real gentleman. I count myself fortunate to have him as a friend and having met him twice in Wellington I'm looking forward to catching up again ASAP. Don't forget we're going fishing this summer mate, you're invited too Winner. I'll fly down and support our airline at the same time as having a great day out together.

I had never really considered where the "seat to suit" fares ended. According to their web site, it is Australia and the Pacific Islands, which seems to include as far as Bali and Hawaii. Makes me wonder if Vietnam is going to have this pricing as well. At least they are also have PE and Business on these flights too to help earn a bit of upsell.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/aussi...-seats-to-suit

While it allows the airline to have cheaper headline prices by excluding many things, by the time is gets to $120 extra to get the Works, over Seat Only, it makes it feel like you're paying for a top-quality restaurant and getting diner quality food. But then, I have never uderstood the appeal of the cattle-truck experience that Ryan Air provides but it obviously works for them.

Is Couta1 still banned? Or just MIA?

I had never really considered where the "seat to suit" fares ended. According to their web site, it is Australia and the Pacific Islands, which seems to include as far as Bali and Hawaii. Makes me wonder if Vietnam is going to have this pricing as well. At least they are also have PE and Business on these flights too to help earn a bit of upsell.

While it allows the airline to have cheaper headline prices by excluding many things, by the time is gets to $120 extra to get the Works, over Seat Only, it makes it feel like you're paying for a top-quality restaurant and getting diner quality food. But then, I have never uderstood the appeal of the cattle-truck experience that Ryan Air provides but it obviously works for them.

I guess its all about giving you choice. Take for example a couple that wants to fly to Hawaii. They only need to take 1x21kg. One person buys a seat only fare, the other person buys a seat + bag fare and they buy food and drinks on board for around $30 each way.

Alot cheaper than buying the works.

I'm with you and think anything over about four or five hours should automatically include the extra's but management obviously have a plan and I have the upmost confidence in their expertise.

Couta1's untoward ban has come to an end but at this stage he is reluctant to come back.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2015 at 04:01 PM.

I'm with you and think anything over about four or five hours should automatically include the extra's but management obviously have a plan and I have the upmost confidence in their expertise.

Couta1's untoward ban has come to an end but at this stage he is reluctant to come back.
    Glad to see that you edited your post. I thought that your original version might've been sailing a bit close to the wind.

I don't like to see anyone leave here permanently so hopefully we see Couta1 again because he has a lot to add, even if sometimes it is just to provide a bit of comic relief through his tales of buying high and selling low.